my e-mailaddress





vrijdag 31 juli 2020

Opruimen en tijd om uit te rusten / Clean up and time to rest




Als laatste kledingstuk heeft mini Oma haar ‘nette’ jurk gekregen, die in die tijd werd gedragen bij gelegenheden van “rouw en trouw”. Stemmig donkergrijs, zoals toentertijd gebruikelijk was voor oudere dames. Wat ben ik blij dat ik nu anno 2020 leef, want zelf draag ik, als oma, geen grijs, maar kleurige kleding, dat is toch veel vrolijker ;O)?!
Maar oma’s in die tijd droegen vaak stemmig donkergrijs, want met de toevoeging van een sjaal of broche kon je die kleding dan aanpassen voor de gelegenheid. 

As the last piece of clothing, my mini Grandma received her "neat" dress, which was worn at the time at occasions such as "funerals and marriages". Sober dark gray, as was usual for older ladies at the time. How glad I am that I am now living in 2020, because I, being a grandma, do not wear gray, but colorful clothes, that is much more cheerful, huh ;O) ?!
But grandmothers at the time often wore a sober dark gray, because with the addition of a scarf, or brooch, you could change that outfit for the occasion.


Een paar blogberichten geleden hebben jullie gezien dat ik van Birgit een super klein kleedje heb gekregen met een geborduurd roosje er op. Op verzoek van Birgit heb ik het een ereplaatsje gegeven in de Twentse linnenkast van Oma, het is zo fijntjes en mooi! 

A few blog post sago you’ve seen that I got a super tiny cloth of Birgit, there was a tiny embroidered rose on it. On Birgit’s request I have given it a place of honor in Grandma’s Twentse linen cabinet, it’s so beautiful and delicate!


Mijn Oma had schoenmaat 38, maar door haar opgezwollen voeten waren die schoenen compleet "uitgelopen" naar zeker maat 39. In 1:1 schaal komt schoenmaat 38 overeen met 25 cm in lengte maar  in 1:12 schaal wordt dat dus 20 mm in lengte.....en moeilijk vast te houden tussen je vingers ;)!

My Grandma had shoe size 38, but because of her swollen feet, those shoes were completely "stretched out" to probably over to shoe size 39. In 1:1 shoe size 38 corresponds to 25 cm in length, so in 1: 12 scale that's 20 mm in length......and difficult to hold between your fingers ;)!

Terwijl ik die nette jurk aan het maken was, bedacht ik dat Oma ook ‘nette’ schoenen had om bij die jurk te dragen. Ze kon toch moeilijk op klompen naar een officiële gelegenheid, niet? Maar hoe zou ik die schoenen voor haar kunnen maken? Na lang denken besloot ik ze van Fimoklei te maken. Waarom niet van leer...? Nou, dat heeft te maken met de ‘moeilijke’ voeten van Oma, ze was zwaar diabetespatiënt en daardoor had ze dikke voeten en enkels. In klompen was veel meer ruimte en je kon een maat groter dragen dan je eigenlijke maat, maar met nette damesschoenen kon dat niet. 
Vandaar mijn keuze voor polymeerklei, dat kun je vormen naar eigen inzicht. Het was echter nog niet zo gemakkelijk om die schoenen uit zachte klei te boetseren, na een aantal mislukte pogingen, kwam er dit paar schoenen uit.

While I was making that neat dress, I thought that Grandma also had to got "neat" shoes to wear with that dress. She couldn't wear her wooden clogs to an official occasion, right? But how could I make these shoes for her? After long thinking I decided to make them from Fimo clay. Why not out of leather...? Well, that has to do with Grandma's "difficult" feet, she was a heavy diabetic and because of that she had very swollen feet and ankles. There was a lot more space in clogs and you could also wear a size bigger than your actual foot size, but you couldn't do that with neat women's shoes. 
Hence my choice for polymer clay, which you can shape at your own view. However, it wasn't so easy to sculpt those shoes out of soft clay, but after several unsuccessful attempts, this pair of shoes came out.


De nette enkellaarsjes/bottines van mijn Opa, schoenmaat 41.
In 1:1 is dat 26,3 cm.  Omgerekend in 1:12 schaal is dat 22 mm in lengte, mmm, dat was iets beter vast te houden met mijn vingers!

The neat ankle boots of my Grandpa, in shoe size 41. 
In 1: 1 that is 26.3 cm in length. Converted to 1:12 scale that is 22 mm in length, mmm, that was a bit better to hold between my fingers!

En Opa? Ondanks dat mini Opa nog geen net pak van mij heeft gekregen, wilde ik ook schoenen voor hem maken. Ditmaal wél uit zeer dun vissenleer, ik heb dit leer jaren geleden gekocht bij Henk Krijnen op een miniaturenshow. Ook hier weer had ik een probleem met de neus van de schoen, waardoor ik nogal wat leer verknoeid heb. Totdat ik op het idee kwam om ook voor deze schoenen klei te gebruiken, althans voor de neuzen van de schoenen, want de rest is gemaakt van vissenleer. 

And Grandpa? Despite the fact that mini Grandpa has not yet received a proper suit from me, I also wanted to make shoes for him. This time I used very thin fish leather, I bought this leather years ago from Henk Krijnen at a miniature show. Again I had problems making the toe of the shoe, so I messed up quite a bit of expensive fish leather. It was then that I came up with the idea to use polymer clay for these shoes too, at least for the toes and heels of these shoes, because the rest is made of fish leather.



Ik vond de schoenen van Oma iets te eenvoudig geworden en daarom heb ik er later een gespje met leren bandje aan toegevoegd. De gespen zijn gekocht op een show van Le mini di Pierluigi, en ik heb ze bewerkt met matte zwarte nagellak.
Hier zie je de schoenen samen, ik wil nog een tutorial gaan schrijven over het maken van deze schoenen. 

I thought Grandma's shoes a bit too simple, so later on I added a buckle with a leather strap. The buckles were bought at a Le mini di Pierluigi show, they had a shiny metal look so I've edited them with matte black nail polish.
Here you can see both pairs of shoes, I’ll write a tutorial of how to make these shoes.



Het enige wat mijn mini Oma nu nog niet had, waren nylon kousen. Mijn Oma droeg in de jaren ’50 geen panty’s, maar dikke nylon kousen, niet doorzichtig en met teen en naad. Na veel pogingen heb ik uiteindelijk een aantal paar nylon kousen kunnen maken, waarvan sommigen met een ladder natuurlijk, want als je op een boerderij woont én werkt... ;). 
Het voordeel van kousen was dat je altijd een andere kous erbij kon zoeken, zodat je weer twéé hele nylon kousen aan had ;O). 
Ook hiervan ga ik nog een tutorial schrijven, zodat je het zelf kunt proberen. 

The only thing my mini Grandma still did not had yet in her wardrobe, were nylon stockings. In the 1950s my Grandma didn't wear pairs of tights, but thick nylon stockings, not transparent and with a toe and seam. After many attempts I was able to make some pairs of nylon stockings, some with a runner of course, because when you're living AND working on a farm... ;). 
The advantage of wearing loose stockings was that you could always look for another single stocking (of the same color!), so that you had two whole nylon stockings again ;O).
I'll also try to write a tutorial of making nylon stockings, so you can try it yourself.


Voor mij is het tijd om mijn werktafel op te gaan ruimen. Kun je je herinneren dat ik begin juli een blog bericht heb geschreven over het kleedje met een geborduurde haan erop, dat ik van Birgit had gekregen? Nou, die restantjes van de franjes brachten mij op een idee: het maken van een zwabber. Dat was een soort ‘bezem’, die in de jaren ’50 werd gebruikt om het linoleum stofvrij te maken. Kijk, nu gebruik ik het om mijn werktafel schoon te vegen, althans dat doet Oma voor mij ;O).
Ik ga nog eens een tutorial schrijven over het maken van deze zwabber. 

It is time for me to clean up my work table. Remember when I wrote a blog post in early July about the dress with an embroidered rooster on it that I got from Birgit? Well, those scraps of the fringes gave me an idea: making a mop. That was a kind of "broom", which was used in the 1950s to make the linoleum floor on the floors (of mostly bedrooms) dust-free. Look, now I use it to wipe my work table, at least Grandma does for me ;O).
I'll still want to write a tutorial of how to make this "broom".

De tijd is voor mij gekomen om wat rust op te zoeken, daarom zal ik een aantal weken niet bloggen maar zo nu en dan een kijkje nemen hoe het jullie vergaat. Ik ga uiteraard niet op vakantie, vanwege mijn gezondheid, maar blijf thuis genieten van mijn broodnodige rust en ik ga zo nu en dan aan opdrachten werken, die komen natuurlijk niet vanzelf af ;O).
Voor wie op vakantie zal gaan, vooral nu overal het Corona-virus weer oplaait: 
blijf veilig en gezond, zorg goed voor elkaar!
Dank voor jullie fijne reacties, ondanks alles wens ik jullie een goede, fijne zomer! 

The time has come for me to find some rest, so I will not blog for a couple of weeks but I'll take a look now and then to see how all of you are doing. Of course I don't go on holiday, due my fragile health, but I continue to enjoy my much-needed rest at home and work on commissions every now and then, they don't create theirselves ;O).
For those who will go on holiday, especially now that the Corona virus flares up everywhere: 
stay safe and healthy, take care of each other!
Thank you for your kind comments, and despite of the pandemic I wish you a lovely summer!

Ilona

P.S. Ik weet niet wat er met mijn foto's gebeurd is na het posten van dit bericht, maar één ding kan ik je wel zeggen: in werkelijkheid zijn ze NIET zo akelig groot als het nu laat zien!! Blogger, doe er wat aan!

P.S. I don't know what happened to my photos after posting this post, but one thing I can tell you: in reality they are NOT that huge as it shows now!! Blogger, I hope you can fix this!

18 opmerkingen:

carmen zei

espectacular ese guardarropay también la zapatería ! feliz descanso, disfrútalo...

Sheila zei

I would never in a million years have guessed that the shoes were made from clay. They're lovely. And the dress is a beautiful shade of grey.

And I can't wait to see your nylons tutorial!

rosethe-minima zei

Quel superbe travail Ilona !
Les chaussures sont bien faites, grand-mère et grand-père sont des personnages très attachants !
Profite de tes vacances, c'est bon de ne rien faire ;)
Prends soin de toi et des tiens. Gros bisous. Joce

miniacollection zei

What wonderful new things for Grandma. I would have never guessed that Grandma's shoes are made with fimo, grandfather's shoes are great too. The stockings are icredible. What you put in the drawer is very sweet. I love the photos of Grandma with the mop.
What you told us about your grandma made me think of mine, especially about the stockings, like yours mine never wore tights.
Geneviève

BiWuBär zei

The photo of Grandma with the mop made me smile - that's soooo you... (And it made me a bit jealous - wouldn't it be great to have a miniature person or bearson to clean up the work desk... but okay, I should not complain... I have a special bearson who helped me today with the update of my calendars... *grin*)

Wonderful work as always... and best of all... the story behind it. And so true... the grey dress for all occasions, the big bag for being prepared for anything... And I too must say I would never have guessed that Grandma's shoes were made out of clay... impressive... and so are Grandpa's good shoes. Even the old shoe box is awesome - but okay, it was made by you. Absolutely stunning work! And after achieving all of this beauty you really deserve a rest... enjoy - and don't forget to relay and enjoy the day despite of working on commissions. ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

Marisa zei

I love those dresses and the little hangers are perfect, will grandpa get his own closet too? I hope he does..i imgine him as a handsome fisherman type who won grandma's heart years ago :)


Hugs
Marisa

Marian zei


Ese armario esta quedando fantástico con todos esos complementos.
Un saludo

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

Fantástico Llona esos zapataos y el conjunto del armario con todo dentro perfecto ,el bordado de Birgit , el detalle de las cartas ,el bolso, todo genial.Cuídate y espero que tu salud mejore, seguro que en casa estarás más tranquila disfrutando de las pequeñas cosas, al final son las importantes. Un beso;-)

PILAR6373 zei

Ilona,la abuela tiene que estar muy contenta con todo su guardarropa,incluso con el vestido de las ocasiones especiales! Y esos maravillosos zapatos,adaptados a sus hinchados pies para que no le hagan daño!
Ahora el abuelo,que ya tiene un buen par de zapatos,estará un poco ¨celoso" hasta que le hagas un buen traje,pero sabrá esperar a que descanses,que te tomes tus vacaciones,disfruta amiga,nos leemos a la vuelta!
Besos.

Matxalen zei

Que fantásticos vestidos de abuela y los zapatos son tal cual. Me encantan.
Suerte que cuentas con la ayuda de la abuela para limpiar la mesa de trabajo.
Disfruta del descanso

Anna zei

Dear Ilona, my desk is a mess too, do you think your mini grandma would like to come and visit and help me out with her wonderful new broom? ;-)
I am as always in awe at the beautiful detail in your work, Ilona. Those shoes are amazing! I love the idea of combining the Fimo clay and fine leather to get bot pairs to look just right. And the nylons.... of course there has to be a run in one.
But what I adore more than anything is getting to know your mini family. Thank you for letting us in and meet them.
Have a wonderful rest.
Warm hugs,
Anna X

Fabiola zei

The cabinet is full of details. The shoes are wonderful.
The photos of Grandma with the mop are so nice and funny.

Isabel Ruiz zei

Espectaculares los zapatos y el armario bien completito.
¡Felices vacaciones!

Eloisa zei

Me encanta el guardarropa de la abuela, y los zapatos han quedado genial.
Felices vacaciones

Daydreamer zei

Dear Ilona, you never fail to Amaze me!!! Even after all these years when I should expect it! LOL! The dress for Grandma's Special occasions is so true to the era! The stockings and shoes look like I could walk away in them!!! I don't know how you do this!!! The linens with the rose from Birgit are truly special, even more because they are made by such a good friend! I hope you are enjoying your Quiet time with "nothing" to do!!! I look forward to your return when you are rested, and send my best wishes for health and comfortable times! :):):)

Alexandra Martinez zei

Amazing work!! Love the dresses, the shoes, they're stunning! You are such a talented lady, I enjoy your work so much. Now enjoy your well deserved break 😘

Drora's minimundo zei

Dear Ilona, I feel like all the words commented above were taken right out of my "pen". Your talents never fail to amaze me. I love the wardrobe with all the dresses, including the "festive" one. The shoes turned out well worn and fantastically realistic. Does your mini=granny ever take a rest?
I'd love to see your tutorials when you post them.
Keep well and healthy!
Hugs, Drora

Catherine zei

bonjour Ilona ,

c 'est la rentrée et j 'ai beaucoup de retard dans la lecteur des posts . ce qui est bien , c'est que j 'ai pu découvrir en une seule fois la totalité de votre projet . je n 'ai pas été obligée d 'attendre la suite . j 'aime vraiment l 'idée de votre projet global et à chaque nouveauté dans sa construction je découvre des choses sur la manière de vivre à l 'époque de vos grands parents . c 'est très interessant . dans vos choix , on sent votre respect pour cette vie difficile à la campagne . c 'est un travail très personnel basé sur la réalité de cette vie là , à cette époque là. est ce pour vous des souvenirs très heureux de l 'enfance ? j 'aime découvrir votre version de cette ferme familiale .
maintenant , j 'attends la " suite " , les vacances sont finies .