my e-mailaddress





vrijdag 1 maart 2019

Vroeg in de ochtend... / Early in the morning...



…is er gestommel in de keuken…
…there is clattering in the kitchen…



Oma haalt de aslade met sintels uit het afgekoelde fornuis om het te legen. Daarna pakt ze haar poetsspullen om het fornuis op te poetsen. Eerst gaat ze met een schuurblaadje over het vieze fornuis om alle aangekoekte restjes eraf te schuren, dan gaat er een ‘rupsje’ kachelzwart uit de tube erop en wordt er druk geboend.

Grandma is taking the ash drawer with cinders out of the cooled down stove for emptying. Then she takes her cleaning stuff for polishing the stove. At first she takes a sheet of the sanding paper for sanding off all of the burnt bits form the stove, than a tiny ‘caterpillar’ of black lead paste comes out of the tube, followed by a good rub.



Dit ochtendritueel kan ik me nog goed herinneren vanuit mijn eigen kindertijd, dus ben ik eens gaan nadenken over hoe ik mijn mini fornuis ook zou kunnen ‘potloden’, zoals dat vroeger genoemd werd.
En door dat woord ‘potloden’ ben ik begonnen om met een zacht potlood (2B, een zachter potlood had ik niet bij de hand) over de kolenkit te krassen. Het bleek dat het beter werkte om eerst de grafietstift van het potlood schuin over papier te halen en er dan mee over het metaal van de kolenkit te gaan krassen.
Na flink boenen (met keukenrol) van het zachte grafiet kwam er wat glans op de kit. Ik was gewoon wat aan het experimenteren, maar oh jee, het werkte echt ;O!!!

I can recall myself from my childhood very well this (morning)ritual, so I was thinking over of how I also could ‘blackening’ my miniature stove, as the housewifes were used to say in earlier time.
And because of that word ‘blackening’, I started scratching with a grafite lead pencil (2B, I didn’t had a softer pencil at hand) over the coal scuttle. It seemed it worked better after I used the grafite lead of the pencil, slanting on paper first and then scratching the lead pencil over the metal skin of the coal scuttle.
After good rubbing (with soft kitchen paper) over the graphite, there was appearing a gloss on the coal scuttle. I was just experimenting, but oh my, it really worked ;O!!!



Nu was mijn fornuis niet alleen vies en vettig, maar had ook nog eens de kenmerkende glans :O)!!
Now my stove was not only dirty and greasy, but it also had that characteristic gloss :O)!!



Het volgende waar ik aan dacht was aan een tubetje kachelzwart in miniatuur maken, want dat hoort dan natuurlijk wel thuis in de poetsspullen van mijn mini Oma. Opa heeft alvast een nieuwe tube gekocht samen met wat extra schuurblaadjes ;).
Wacht, ik zal jullie laten zien hoe ik die tube kachelzwart heb gemaakt. Van een houten satéprikker (ik vermoed dat het zacht berkenhout is, in ieder geval géén bamboe) heb ik de vorm van een tube van 2 cm lang gesneden, maar jammer genoeg kwam het dopje los nadat ik klaar was met snijden.

The next thing I was thinking of was making a tube of stove polish in miniature, because this belongs to be in between the cleaning stuff of my mini Grandma, of course. Grandpa bought her already a new tube of stove paste, together with some sheets for sanding ;).
Wait, I’ll show you how I made the tube of stove paste. I cut the shape of a tube, of a length of 2 cm, from a wooden skewer ( I think it is soft birch wood, anyway it’s NOT bamboo), but unfortunately the cap came loose after cutting.


Daarna heb ik het beschilderd met zilveren nagellak en heel goed laten drogen!
Than I painted it with silver colored nail polish and left it to dry very well!




Op zoek naar een cocktailprikker kwam ik dit exemplaar tegen, het zag er al uit als een dopje! Na wat rond bijschuren aan de bovenkant heb ik het eerst bewerkt met zilveren nagellak en na droging met zwart eroverheen om een tubehalsje en dopje in één te creëren.
Ik ben blij dat ik besloten heb om een poosje voor mezelf te gaan werken in miniatuur, er komen weer ideetjes naar boven en daar ben ik heel erg blij mee :)!
Warm welkom aan mijn nieuwste volgers, bedankt voor jullie fijne reacties. 
Iedereen een heel fijn weekend toegewenst!

In searcing for a cocktail stick I came across this one, the shape already looked like a tiny cap! After a bit of sanding at the topside, I first edited it with silver nail polish and after drying I covered the tip with black nail polish, creating a neck of a tube and a lid in one.
I’m so glad that I’ve decided to work a while for myself in miniature, there’re again popping up ideas in my brains and I’m so happy with it J!
A warm welcome to my newest followers, thank you for your kind comments.
I wish you all a very nice weekend!

Ilona

15 opmerkingen:

Drora's minimundo zei

Dear Ilona thank you for showing and sharing your wonderful work and explaining how life was at those times which seem so long ago and so much has changed since then. Thank you also for the tube making tutorial which is just brilliant.
Hugs, Drora

elizabeth s zei

I appreciate the many good uses of using graphite pencils and I love the soft sheen it has given your stove!
Love the tube of blackening paste as well -Nicely done Ilona!

Sheila zei

It looks wonderful! Like Grandma has just finished her work. Does she save the ashes so she can make her own soap?

rosethe-minima zei

la cuisière a pris une belle et très juste teinte !
Le seau à charbon me rappelle mon enfance.
Bon week-end Ilona !

Nono zei

Ongelooflijk hoe jij de sfeer van vroeger kan herrijzen! Tot het kleinste detail! Prachtig en amazing, lieve Ilona!!! Ik wens jij een zeer goede weekend!

miniacollection zei

It is always very interesting to read your childhood memories and how things were at the time. And to see them in miniatures is fantastic. The tube of stove polish is really great.
Geneviève

Isabel Ruiz zei

Es impresionante como consigues que todo parezca real.

Anna zei

It is incredible just what difference your attention to the small details make. The stove was fabulous before and now even more so. Thank you for sharing how you made that tiny tube - that is so clever.
Hugs Anna

Maria Ireland zei

The coal scuttle looks amazing. Great job with the pencil. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial on the tube.
Hugs Maria

Fabiola zei

The tube of stove polish is perfect. Thanks for the tutorial.

Daydreamer zei

Dear Ilona, Once again, you have created the most amazing "REAL" little details from "nothing"! I am so impressed with the silver nail polish idea!!! It worked beautifully... and I am sure you had plenty on hand.... since I am sure you wear silver polish on your nails! LOL! And the graphite pencil "gloss" for the stove polish effect is brilliant!! I never would have thought to use something so "ordinary" to blacken the stove! LOL! And clearly you learned a lot when you were so young watching so carefully every detail of the Farm! Beautiful Work! :):):)

PILAR6373 zei

Ilona,eres capaz de recrear vívidamente cada detalle de la infancia en casa de los abuelos!!!Realmente el grafito ha hecho su labor y ese tubo con los papeles de lija están perfectos!!!
Besos.

Alexandra Martinez zei

Love the effect you have achieved on the stove, wow, you are really a very resourceful lady. And that little tube is amazing!!

Giac zei

Hallo Ilona,
Je kachel ziet er geweldig uit. Het grafiet gaf het echt de perfecte en meest realistische afwerking. Het is fantastisch als je naar de foto kijkt met de fantastische tube blaackening pasta en schuurpapier, het ziet eruit als een foto van een scene uit het echte leven. Geweldig werk.
Grote knuffel
Giac

BiWuBär zei

What else am I supposed to say than the very true conclusion that you never (and I mean NEVEREVER!!!) stop to amaze me?! *smile* Your attention to every detail is awesome… I can only agree to what Anna has already said - your stove was looking terrific already but with that little extra touch of blackening it it looked even better. And it's fascinating how you're achieving these results, the way you've made these tubes is stunning. Nevertheless the thing I loved the most was learning that you're having loads of fun with this very special miniature work - so please continue to have even more fun! ;O)

Hugs
Birgit