my e-mailaddress





maandag 11 maart 2019

Het is nog steeds maandag, toch?? / It’s still Monday, right??


Terwijl ik aan het uitvinden was hoe ik de deuren van mijn keuken kon maken, dacht ik opeens aan een oud wasrekje, zoals veel mensen vroeger hadden. Ik weet niet of mijn oma er een had, maar ik wilde er gewoon een voor haar maken. Het was ook leuk om mee te spelen, als het tenminste niet in gebruik was ;).

While I was figuring out how I could make the doors of my kitchen, I suddenly thought of an old laundry rack, as many people used to have in earlier days. I don’t know if my Grandma had one, but I just wanted to make one for her. It was also nice to play with, at least if it was not in use ;).


Elk deel is 5 cm breed en 7 cm hoog
Each panel is 5 cm wide and 7 cm in height

Je hebt nodig: lindehouten latjes  van 2x3 en 2x5 mm, cocktailprikkers, heel dun ijzerdraad en een stukje aluminium cupje van een theelicht. 
De cocktailprikkers werden geschuurd totdat ze ongeveer 1 mm dik waren, mijn arme vingers!

You’ll need: basswood slats of 2x3 and 2x5 mm, cocktail sticks, very thin wire and a piece of aluminum of a tea light. 
The cocktail sticks are sanded down until they were 1 mm in thickness, my poor fingers!




Voor de scharniertjes buig je een stuk aluminium (van een theelichtje) om een heel fijne prikpen, knijp de uiteinden met een tang rond de pen. Je maakt twee scharnieren per verbinding, die je verbindt met dunne draad. Ik heb secondenlijm gebruikt om ze op het hout te lijmen, het was moeilijk, maar het is me gelukt!

For the tiny hinges, you bend a piece of aluminum (of a tealight) over a very fine prick pen, squeeze the ends with a pliers around the pen. You make two hinges per connection, which you connect with thin wire. I've used super glue for gluing the hinges on the wood, it was difficult, but I did manage!




Na het monteren, heb ik het rekje geschilderd met een mengsel van pastelkrijt en water, heel dunnetjes. En als finishing touch heb ik een het proces herhaalt in een meer donkere kleur pastelkrijt, zodat het een oude en gebruikte look heeft gekregen. De scharniertjes hebben wat donkerbruine nagellak gekregen, want die waren nogal verroest ;O.

After ensembling, I painted the laundry rack with water and soft pastel chalk, in a very thin layer. And for a finishing touch I repeated this process with a more dark color of soft pastel, so the whole got an old and used look. The tiny hinges got some touches of dark brown nail polish, because they were quite rusty ;O.



Het wasrek kreeg van mij ook wat doorgebogen roedes, omdat het een oud rek is, gewoon omdat het kon, hihihi. Het wasrek is opvouwbaar omdat ik één staander breder heb gemaakt, precies zoals dit rek in realiteit ook heeft. Die bredere staander maakt het mogelijk om het in elkaar te vouwen en op te bergen.
Nu een “tere kwestie”, de directoire van Oma, om te maken als was voor op het wasrekje ;O.

The laundry rack got me some bent rods, because it is an old rack and also just because it was possible, hehehe. The drying rack is foldable because I've made one stand 2 mm wider, just like this rack in RL actually has. This wider stand makes it possible to fold it together and store it.
Now a “delicate matter”, the underpants of Grandma, how to make it as laundry on the rack ;O.








Ik heb zeer dunne katoen gebruikt voor Oma's directoire, alle zoompjes worden gelijmd met Tacky Glue en ingespoten met haarlak (extra strong). Terwijl het nog nat is om een extra gemaakte roede gevouwen en vastgezet met een klempincet/wasknijper, of iets dergelijks. Zo wordt het geheel op de cv gelegd om het goed te laten drogen. Je kunt het wasgoed eventueel ook om de roede heen aan elkaar plakken met een dun stukje dubbel klevend plakband, maar dan kun je de was niet “afhalen, als het droog is” ;O….

For making the Grandma's underpants I’ve used a tiny piece of very fine cotton, I glued all of the seams with Tacky Glue and I also used hair spray (extra strong) to get a wet piece of laundry. While glue and hairspray were still wet, it was folded around a rod (for this purpose I made one extra) and clamped both together with a clambing tweezers/clothes peg, or something like that. The whole is put down on the central heating for drying very well. You can eventual also use a tiny piece of double sided self adhesive tape to glue together the laundry around the rod, but then it’s not possible “to get the laundry off the rack, after it’s dry” ;O….




Oké, de was is gedaan en hangt te drogen…..het is nog steeds maandag, toch?? 
Kon dus nog net en ik heb nog steeds lol, jullie ook? ;O
Bedankt voor jullie fijne reacties, een hele fijne week toegewenst!

Okay, the laundry is done and was hung to dry…..it’s still Monday, right?? 
So, it’s just in time and I’m still having fun, you too? ;O
Thank you for your nice comments, I wish you all a nice week!

Ilona

19 opmerkingen:

Drora's minimundo zei

Washing day got off successfully! I love the drying railings and thanks for explaining how you made them. I also had a good laugh looking at the delicate granny's underwear pieces.
Hugs,
Drora

Isabel Ruiz zei

Un tendedero muy original!!!

Sheila zei

Definitely still Monday.

I love the drying rack.

Joc zei

Bravo, c'est fait dans les règles de l'art avec les charnières. C'est dommage qu'on ne puisse pas trouver de baguette d'un mm de diamètre au lieu de poncer les pique-olives.

miniacollection zei

Great new item! I love the clothes on it, especially the stockings. It will surely dry very quickly in front of the stove.
Geneviève

Nono zei

Ooh! Dank U voor deze goed uitgelegd tutoriaal, Ilona! Zeer mooi en realistisch rek!
Love de lange sokjes van de oma! En goed idee, de haarlak om een natuurlijk beweging te geven aan het was! Groetjes. Noëlle

Giac zei

Hallo Ilona,
Ik weet niet waarom, maar dit stuk is echt een van mijn favorieten. Het is zo eenvoudig, maar toch zo goed gemaakt en prachtig op schaal. Met de was hangt het zo charmant. Ik houd er echt van.
Grote knuffel
Giac

Alexandra Martinez zei

I enjoy this little project. Thank you for showing us how you make things. It´s wonderful to learn one thing or two :) Your farm house will be the most authentic that´s for sure. One day I would like to make a washing line and looking at how you make those pieces of clothing I am sure will help me when the time comes. Have a nice week.

rosethe-minima zei

Voilà un bel objet, très utile !
Le linge est très bien fait ... Merci pour les explications !
Bonne semaine Ilona. Bises.

Fabiola zei

The laundry rack is fantastic and the clothes on it are perfect.
Thanks for the tutorial.

PILAR6373 zei

Ooooh!!!! Ilona,me encanta el colgador y toda esa ropa de la época tendida en él,es fantástico!!
Besos.

elizabeth s zei

You ALWAYS make the NEATEST things, Ilona. :D
I LOVE your folding laundry rack and think that grandma has the cleanest looking undies in town! ;D

carmen zei

que bueno...

BiWuBär zei

Although Monday has changed into Thursday by now your washing day was so much fun. Thanks for this well explained and shown tutorial of this fantastic rack; the hinges are stunning (I only fear I would run out of curses in Old Babylonic if I would ever try something as fiddly as this *grin*). And who would have supposed this post would end this delicate - Grandma's undies turned out awesome. I only wonder about your Grandma's opinion about her undies being shown to people around the world… *LOL*

Hugs
Birgit

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

Un nuevo detalle perfecto, me encanta.Besos:-)

Daydreamer zei

Dear Ilona, I am late again... it is no longer Monday! But I must say I think you are having "Too much fun" for a wash-day! LOL! It is so wonderful to see you making so many perfect miniatures from scratch... all because you have once again found your "fun" in minis!!! It is the only way to do it, I believe, so I am very happy to see the results of all your fun! :):) The drying rack is just as it should be... and it even folds up to store! Your Granny has the perfect place for drying her "delicate" things next to the stove! Once again, you have created an amazing and detailed and accurate little version of the way things were long ago! It is very inspiring, even when the items are the humble washing racks! :):)

Anna zei

Dear Ilona - it is well past Monday and we are almost a full day ahead of you on top of that.
This post made me smile (again - happy sigh!). Although your grandma is in the Netherlands, she and your farm reminds me so much of my grandma and the farm where my dad grew up in Denmark. I never saw it back then, but my grandmother's stories were so vivid and seeing your miniatures are like seeing her stories - sounds a bit crazy, I know.
Thanks for sharing your fabulous mini world and for making my day (again)
Anna x

Anna zei

Hi Ilona,
Thank you for your comment on your blog. I would like to reply to 'loosing your mojo for making mini flowers' but I can't really do it on the blog because my readers think I just love stitching all the time.
My email address is annascottembroidery@bigpond.com
I too loose my mojo for stitching all the time - but I am so grateful for having found the mini world. That is my creative 'time-out' from embroidery. I cannot not create, but because my embroidery is also very much a commercial venture it has in some ways lost its spark of wonder and creativity and I have rediscovered that somewhere else - I have caught the mini bug.. hehe...
Your farmhouse is just amazing and so meaningful to you, but in being so, also to those of us who follow along.
Hugs Anna

minwks zei

Hi Ilona, What a wonderful project. I still have a laundry drying rack ... not wooden unfortunately ... but I do have a line and a rack and love the smell of the sunshine or even just cold fresh air in the laundry.
Grannies underwear will quickly dry in front of the fire and be cozy for putting on in the morning. I wonder if she will run downstairs in her dressing gown to retrieve them when they are still warm.
You have created a great image and many memories I can tell.
Warm regards Janine
I am having difficulty commenting as Minworks so hope this will post.