my e-mailaddress





zaterdag 23 februari 2019

Stook het vuur maar op, Oma / Poke up the fire, Grandma



Alhoewel buiten de temperatuur ruim boven het gemiddelde van februari zit, kon het in vroeger dagen nog behoorlijk koud worden in deze tijd van het jaar. Reden genoeg  om mijn mini Oma een kookfornuis te geven, want in vroeger tijden was het hebben van een goed werkend fornuis onontbeerlijk voor een boerin om goed te kunnen zorgen voor mens én dier.
Het fornuis heb ik gekocht bij Dhr. Eijcking op een miniatuurshow in Nederland.

Although outside the temperatures are now considerably above the average of February (here, in The Netherlands), in earlier times it could still getting pretty cold in this time of the year. Reason enough to give my mini Grandma a cooking stove, because in former times a good working stove was essential for a farmer's wife to be able to take good care of both people and animals.
I've bought the stove of Mr. Eijcking on a miniatures show in The Netherlands. 




Omdat het kookfornuis er te netjes uitzag naar mijn mening, ben ik het gaan bewerken met Humbrol/Revell verf voor modelbouw. De zwarte verf is glanzend en de bruine kleur is een matte variant. Terwijl ik aan het schilderen was, heb ik beide verfsoorten, nat in nat, met elkaar gemengd en dit is het resultaat.
Mijn kookfornuis ziet er nu gebruikt uit en wat slordig, omdat er heel wat vettige maaltijden op gekookt zijn, wat toentertijd op boerderijen heel normaal was ;).

Because the stove looked too neat to my opinion, I’ve edited it with Humbrol/Revell enamel paint for model building. The black paint is a glossy and the brown color is a matte one. While I was painting, I mixed both sort of paints together, wet in wet and this is the result.
My stove looked now used and a bit messy, since there was cooked alot of fatty meals on it, which was quite common in those days at the farms ;).


Toch was ik nog niet tevreden, want wat is nou een kookfornuis waarin je geen gezellig vuur kon zien branden? Dat niet werkt? Ik weet nog hoe vroeger in mijn kindertijd ons fornuis werd gestookt met hout en kolen, dus waarom niet proberen dit mini fornuis tot leven te brengen?
Het mini fornuis was aan alle kanten dicht gesoldeerd, het fornuis bestaat uit gescheiden compartimenten. Dus simpelweg een haardvuurtje (gekocht van Nalladris) erin leggen was niet mogelijk. Maar ik wilde zo graag een vuurtje erin dat ik de gok gewoon moest wagen: gaten in de onderkant  van het fornuis te boren.

Yet I was still not satisfied, because what is a stove wherein you couldn’t see a cosy fire burning? That doesn't work? Of my childhood I can recall how our stove was stoked with wood and coals, so why not trying to bring this back alive in my miniature stove?
BUT....the mini stove was soldered, closed at all sides, as the stove consists of seperate compartments. So, simply putting in a wood fire (bought of Nalladris) was not possible. But I so would love to get a fire in the stove, so I had to make a gamble: drilling holes in the underside of the stove.




(Sorry, voor de wazige foto, het is de enige die ik van deze fase heb)
(Sorry for the blurry picture, it's the only one I have from this stage)

Met een tang heb ik het overtollige metaal wat weggeknipt, maar de randjes bleven erg scherp. Het vuurtje met chip zit met wat kooltjes versmolten in een unit, waaraan de draadjes voor elektriciteit zitten en het was te groot voor het gat van ongeveer 18 bij 18 mm. Ik heb met een tangetje op goed geluk wat van het materiaal weggeknipt, goed lettend op de chip, die erin zit!! Als ik het er schuin in manoeuvreerde dan zou het moeten passen, zo gezegd, zo gedaan. Ik moest dus goed op mijn vingers passen bij het plaatsen van het vuurtje in het fornuis!
Ik dacht dat het fornuis een open verbinding had met de kachelpijp om zo de elektriciteitsdraad erdoor te halen, maar nee, dat zat ook dicht. Dus moest ik daar ook een gaatje in boren….op gevoel! Ik kon niet zien wat ik deed, omdat mijn vingers en de boor in het gaatje zaten. Maar ik kreeg het voor elkaar en het werkt :)!
Aangezien ik hiervoor beide handen nodig had voor deze twee karweitjes, heb ik van dit proces dus helaas geen foto’s kunnen maken, sorry.

With pliers I’ve cut of the excess of metal, but the edges still kept very sharp. The fire (and chip) are melted with some mini coal into one unit, whereon also the wire is for electricity and the whole was too big for the hole of 18x18 mm. I took a pair of pliers and carefully I've cut off some of the coal excess, taking good care for NOT damaging the chip in the unit!! If I maneuvered it oblique inwards the stove, the unit would fit in there, so I did and it worked. So, I had to take good care for my fingers while placing the fire unit into the stove!
Than I thought that the stove had an open connection with the stove pipe for getting through the electricity wire, but no it was closed too. So I had to drill a hole in there too…..blind! I couldn’t see what I was doing because my fingers where in the stove and the drill too. But I got it done and it workes :)!
Since I needed both of my hands for both jobs, I unfortunately wasn't able to take pictures of this process, sorry.



Mijn mini fornuis heeft ook een aslade, dus heb ik geprobeerd om een ‘volle’ aslade te maken in mini. Ik had nog wat Das klei liggen en heb dit met wat grijs zand en zacht pastelkrijt bewerkt, gekneed en vastgeplakt in de lade. Het was een lekker rommelige karweitje, maar asladen gaven in die tijd ook behoorlijk wat stof, dus heb ik dat stof ook lekker laten zitten aan de buitenkant van mijn mini fornuis ;O.

My mini stove has also a drawer for the ashes (I don’t know the English term for it), so I’ve tried to make a ‘full’ ash drawer in miniature. I still had some DAS clay and I’ve edited a blob of clay with grey sand an soft pastel, I kneaded it and glued it in the drawer. It was quite a messy job, but in that time ash drawers also gave alot of dust, so I left it all there at the outside of my mini stove too ;O.


Om de gloed van de vlammen wat meer te versterken, heb ik tegen de achterzijde van het deel waar het vuur met chip zat, een stukje oranje organza lint gelijmd.
Nu was het fornuis van mijn mini Oma zo ver dat het in gebruik genomen kan worden: stook het vuur maar op, Oma ;)!
Dank voor jullie fijne reacties, een fijn weekend gewenst!

For strengthening the glow of the flames, I glued in a piece of orange organza ribbon, at the rear side of the part where the fire with the chip are.
Now the stove of my mini Grandma is ready for using it: poke the fire up, Grandma ;)!
Thank you for your kind comments, have a nice weekend!

Ilona

23 opmerkingen:

Pepper zei

The stove looks incredibly realistic IIona. The draw full of cinders is an excellent addition, as is the coals and light. Brilliant!

Sheila zei

I love how it looks! So warm and cozy.

Drora's minimundo zei

It looks absolutely real. You almost worked as hard on the make-over as your grandmother did cooking on her real stove. The results certainly are stunning.
Hugs, Drora

Anna zei

What an amazing transformation from a nice, neat and clean stove to a fabulously realistic 'working' stove. Just beautiful Ilona - you have done it, yet again.
Hugs,
Anna

Daydreamer zei

Wow, Ilona, This is beyond Amazing!!! You have been so bold and brave and Brilliant to think of cutting through the bottom of the stove to get inside! (I would have made a mess of the back side and hid it against the wall! LOL!) But your stove looks SO REAL!!! (I lived with wood-fired cooking stove in my younger years... so I know all about ashes and burnt on grease!) :):) The stove looks so right and warm and ready to boil the water and warm the stew!!! What is for dinner? :):) I can't wait to see more!!!

elizabeth s zei

This is BRILLIANT!!!!
I absolutely LOVE your fire in the stove and I'me AMAZED that you can actually see the coals INSIDE the fire!
The ash drawer is Awesome too!
I think that using the orange organza ribbon was the finishing touch and has stoked your fire to where Grandma can finally get on with her cooking!
I LOVE IT ALL, Ilona!!

PILAR6373 zei

Te ha quedado genial! con su grasa,la oxidación por el paso del tiempo y ese fuego que se ve tan real!! Incluso la ceniza acumulada en el cajón!!! me encanta como te ha quedado Ilona,la abuela estará encantada al igual que los demás habitantes! no más frío y deliciosas comidas al fuego!!
Besos.

miniacollection zei

I must say that I am really amazed by your work. The stove with its used look is fantastic and the fire stunning, it looks so real.
Geneviève

Fabiola zei

The stove is wonderful and the fire looks so real.

Roelie zei

Je hebt jezelf weer overtroffen! Een pracht van een fornuis is het geworden waarbij je als in het echt naar het vuur kunt blijven kijken.

Jodi Hippler zei

I am so happy that your risk in cutting the hole and getting that fire set up inside worked out so beautifully! You've turned a regular mini stove into the heart of the kitchen!

Joc zei

Quel travail de percer le métal, mais le résultat est là, le feu est réaliste, ce qui ne doit pas être évident, et le tiroir à cendres ajoute aux détails.

Isabel Ruiz zei

¡Está genial! El fuego es muy realista

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

¡Espectacular Llona! estoy impaciente en ver colocada esa cocina.Buena semana.Besos:-)

rosethe-minima zei

cette cuisinière a tout d'une vraie ! Le vieillissement, le feu tout semble réel !
Bises.

Alexandra Martinez zei

What a wonderful stove!! It looks very realistic and used as it has been working for years!! AsI was looking at the photos I could almost feel the warmth goig out of it. Love it. Great job!

Robin zei

Wow! This is absolutely amazing!! I can't believe I'm not looking at Grandma's real life stove. Well done xx

Giac zei

Hallo Ilona,
Dit is geweldig. de voltooide kachel ziet er zo realistisch uit. Het licht is zo mooi en ik weet zeker dat het zoveel warmte aan de keuken zal toevoegen. Je hebt echt een geweldige klus geklaard en de aslade. Ik ben altijd verbaasd over je prachtige werk.
Grote knuffel
Giac

BiWuBär zei

Did I ever tell you that you never stop to amaze me? *LOL* This is absolutely fascinating - the effect of the fire among the coals is terrific. But I must say this time I'm not only enjoying your fabulous work but I'm also very, very (and I mean VERY) glad that all your fingers survived this special job! Btw - what's cooking? ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

Nono zei

Wat een mooi resultaat! Boorwerk was zeker niet gemakkelijk, en installatie van Nalladris kit zonder naar spoed te belanden voor een paar vingers hechtingen ook een challenge was...
Zeer goede idee, orange organza om vuur sensatie te versterken, en asbaklade zo realistisch!
Bravo, Ilona!!!

Maria Ireland zei

Wow Wow I love love this stove it looks so real. I remember when I was small we had one in our kitchen and when it wasn't being used for cooking my Mother put the clothes horse in front of it to dry clothes :))) Amazing work love it.
Hugs Maria

Piikko zei

Hi Ilona! Your stove is adorable, so real! I guess that next you will, I mean Grandma will, cook real mini stew and mini buns!
Happy March! :)
Hugs, piikko

Idskesminis zei

Wat geweldig mooi is dat geworden, heel echt met de gele gloed onderin!

Groetjes, Idske