my e-mailaddress





dinsdag 19 maart 2019

Oh, mijn haar!!! / Oh, my hair!!!


Niks aan de hand, hoor, de titel slaat op iets verderop in mijn blogbericht staat ;O.
The title of this blog post has to do with something further on in my blog, so please, don't worry ;O.




Nadat mijn waterpomp in de pompkast was geplaatst en ik met het haakje bezig was, herinnerde ik me dat er aan dat deurtje nog een paar haakjes moeten hebben gezeten. Want daaraan hing mijn Oma haar handdoeken op, handig. 
Dus heb ik eens in mijn spullen gezocht en daar waren ze. Jaren geleden heb ik deze boerenbonte handdoeken gekocht op een beurs, ik weet helaas niet meer bij wie.
Eerst heb ik lusjes aan de handdoeken genaaid, om ze op te kunnen hangen.
Daarna worden de handdoeken gesprayd te worden met haarlak (extra strong), waarna ze dan met naaispelden op een priklap in de gewenste vorm worden vastgespeld. Ter bescherming van de priklap heb ik een stukje bakpapier gebruikt vóór dat ik de handdoekjes erop geprikt heb.

After the waterpump was enclosured in the cabinet and I was busy making a hook from the wire, I remembered that there were some a few more hooks on this door in Grandma's kitchen. Because on those hooks my Grandma hung away her towels, hmmm, that's handy.
So I dug in my stash and there they were. Years ago I’ve bought on a miniature fair these special farmers towels, unfortunatley I now don’t know who it was anymore.
First I’ve sewn some loops (I don’t know the exact English name for this) at the corners of the towels, for hanging them on the hooks.
Than the towels are sprayed in with extra strong hair spray, after that I quickly pinned up the towels on a prick cushion with sewing pins, in the desired shape. For protecting the cushion I’ve used a sheet of baking paper, before I pinned up the towels, of course.

Hier zijn ze klaar!
Here you see them ready!

Toen waren de deurtjes van de aanrechtkastjes aan de beurt, dat was me toch ’n klus, pfiew!
Then the doors of my sink cabinets were on turn, that was quite a job, phew!





Eerst heb ik twee deurtjes gesneden uit passe-partout karton, en van een tiny turning houtje de kastknopjes. In de jaren ’50 had Oma van die houten deurkoppen op haar kastjes. De scharniertjes zijn weer gemaakt van een speld en het aluminium van een theelichtje. De deurtjes kunnen dus open en weer dicht, da’s leuk om mee te “spelen” ;O.

First I cut with my hobby knife two doors of passe-partout cardboard, and of a tiny turning wood I made the door knobs. From one knob a small piece broke off, good for using it as an old knob, isn't it, so I did ;). In the 50s Grandma had those old wooden door knobs at her cabinets. The hinges are made again from a sewing pin and the aluminum of a tea light, see previous posts. The doors can be opened and closed…..that's nice to "play" with ;O.








Voor het open aanrechtkastje, die waar de emmer onder de gootsteen staat om het water op te vangen, moest nog een gordijntje komen. Het moest een vies, oud gordijntje worden, want op één dag werd telkens die emmer onder het aanrecht vandaan gehaald om geleegd te worden, dus werd het veel gebruikt. Ik heb in de zoom metaalgranulaat gelijmd zodat het mooi recht naar beneden blijft hangen. De emmer komt uit een Chrysnbon set, maar ga ik waarschijnlijk nog vervangen.

The open kitchen cabinet, wherein the bucket was for collecting the water, was in need for a curtain. It had to become a old, dirty curtain, because on just one day the bucket has to be taken away and emptied quite alot of times on one day, so it was often used. I’ve glued some grains of metal granulate in the seam so that the curtain hangs nicely straight and downwards. 
The bucket is from a Chrysnbon set, but I think I’ll replace it.




Nu komt dat haar in het verhaal……want ik herinnerde mij dat er bij Oma een kammenbakje aan de binnenkant van het kastdeurtje hing, met zo’n vettig kammetje erin. Terwijl ik op zoek was naar die emmer kwam ik dus het kammenbakje mét kam tegen, waarop ik besloot om het kammetje vies te maken én om een paar haren tussen de tanden te doen. Hiervoor had ik wat wol om te gebruiken, maar dat was nog niet zo’n gemakkelijk karweitje. Het ‘haar’ was statisch van mijn snijmat, iets wat ik helemaal niet opgemerkt had. Dus telkens als ik de ‘haar’ op zijn plaats had en mijn pincet weghaalde en mijn adem inhield, vloog die haar tóch de werktafel op om ergens anders te landen, overal maar niet IN de kam :O! Oké, ik kwam er een beetje laat achter wat er aan de hand was, dus heb ik de haar maar vastgelijmd. Vandaar de titel van dit bericht: oh, mijn haar :O)!!

Now the hair appeared in the story……because I remebered that my Grandma had a hair comb holder on the inside of the kitchen cabinet door, one with such a greasy comb in it, hehehe. While I was searching for the bucket I came across this comb holder and the comb, so I decided to make the comb greasy AND I wanted some hairs inbetween the comb teeth. I had some fine wool for this job, but it wasn’t so easy. The ‘hair’ was statically charged by my cutting mat, something I didn’t noticed at all. So, every time if I had the ‘hair’ on its place and I carefully took away my tweezers and I was holding my breath, the hair still flew away to land somewhere on my work table, everywhere but not INTO my hair comb :O! Okay, a bit late I did noticed what was happening, so I finally I had to glue the hair into the comb. Hence the title of this blog: oh, my hair :O)!!





Als laatste heb ik mijn aanrechtblokje in de was (voor krijtverf) gezet en daarna nog even wat potten en pannen gepast J!
Bedankt voor jullie fijne reacties, een hele fijne week toegewenst!

Last I've rubbed a layer of créme wax (for chalk paint) on my sink and cabinets and then I finally was able to put in some pots and pans J!
Thank you for your kind comments, have a nice week!

Ilona

18 opmerkingen:

Isabel Ruiz zei

Está genial!!!

Sheila zei

I'm glad you didn't do a strong exhale, you might never have found everything again!

I love how your towels look, and loops sounds right to me, I knew what you meant at least. The curtain is wonderful too.

Daydreamer zei

Dear Ilona, once again you have made this tiny world so "real" it is hard to believe how small everything is!!! The hinges and the hooks and the broken old knobs..... all are just perfect! The hanging cloths... that you had the great sense to buy long ago.... with the "loops" on the corners.... yes we call them that... are so realistic I forgot they were small! And the curtain for the dirty water pail is also so right and the gingham pattern is so real... you are amazing! But the dirty comb with the hairs in it.... that is beyond believable!!! It is the kind of detail that is "magical" in your ability to remember just where it was and how it looked long ago! You are Amazing!!! And I can't wait for more!

Carrie zei

I am enjoying your lovely blog.Your stories and your recreation of Granma's kitchen have captured my imagination!

Anna zei

Dear Ilona, this kitchen zinc is going from wonderful to fabulous to magical. I always look forward to my Tuesday morning when I can read and see what amazing treasures you have created during the week. It is so inspiring and I have so much to learn.
Thank you for taking the time to share everything in such minute detail.
Anna X

Joc zei

It's really very realistic with all these details.

PILAR6373 zei

Cada vez me gusta más Ilona,la historia plasmada en esa granja me tiene "atrapada"!! me gusta mucho como se ven las toallas y la cortina colgadas,de manera muy realista y el conjunto se ve tan genial!!!!
Besos.

Giac zei

Hallo Ilona,
Dit zijn allemaal zulke prachtige toevoegingen aan het project. Ik denk dat je fantastisch werk hebt geleverd door je stoffen te draperen en alles hangt heel realistisch. De deurknoppen zijn geweldig en ik denk dat ik gek zou zijn geweest om die te maken. Dit project wordt steeds beter met elke nieuwe post.
Grote knuffel
Giac

Drora's minimundo zei

Only three generations away and it's unbelievable how times have changed.
Dear Ilona, with your incredible memory and stunning talents, you are bringing alive a piece of history. I am enjoying your project and look forward for more.
Hugs,
Drora

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

Mi admiración Llona por todos esos pequeños detalles tan reales ,como la forma de cerrar las puertas ¡qué recuerdos! has hecho un conjunto fantástico.Besos:-)

rosethe-minima zei

Ilona,je suis impressionnée par ton sens du détail : les poignées de portes, les torchons, les cheveux sur le peigne ...
C'est à chaque post un voyage dans le passé.
Bises. Joce

Nono zei

Ongelooflijk hoe jij tot het kleinste detail werkt, Ilona! Ik weet nog niet waarom jouw oma zo'n kam onder het aanrecht legde, was het om het dagelijks te gebruiken, zo, zonder spiegel of iets?
Drapering van keukenhandoeken en kleine gordijn zijn perfekt! Al jouw werk is echt een fantastic "Back to the future"...

miniacollection zei

More great work and the story of the comb is interesting. I love the towels and the curtain under the sink.
Geneviève

Fabiola zei

Everything is so real. Towels and curtain are fantastic.
I really like the last pictures; the sink and cabinets are ready to use.

BiWuBär zei

As usual I lack the words to express how impressed I am by your ability to never forget any single detail - and I mean it right that way: ANY SINGLE DETAIL! I imagine you on the hunt for the reluctant "hair" *grin* - but it's something like single hair in a greasy comb that makes your work outstanding. (To all of those who don't know you and your work this would sound very weird *LOL*) Fantastic work - of course on every new step you've added: The towels with their perfect shapes who even got loops, the dirty curtain with the metal beads inside (btw this stuff is well known to bear makers - there are many teddies out there who have a good dose of metal beads in their feet and tummy, poor chaps, I suppose they would have preferred spoons full of honey instead… eh... where was I...), the pot parade inside the sink, using the damaged knob and so on. This project is so much fun - but still my biggest fun is knowing that you're enjoying this so much. This message jumps right out of every single picture.

But now I wonder - how could the people back then ever survive? Imagine somebody storing a used comb in the cabinet where the pots are in these days - people would call for an anti-germ spray right away… ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

elizabeth s zei

I love the tea towels hanging on the door and the way that you have fashioned the operating hinges and the latch for the cupboard under the counter. Your attention to the finest of details is what makes each visit here, a Wonderful Learning Experience! :D

carmen zei

me encanta!!

Megan Schetsche zei

Ooh, it all looks so pretty and realistic. I love your cloths and curtains, Ilona but the thought of that comb with hair stuck in it makes my stomach turn. Your blogs are so gruesome sometimes, gives me shivers of enjoyment.