my e-mailaddress





dinsdag 29 oktober 2019

Kokosmatten en stoffer en blik / Coir matting and dust pan and brush

Het is weer herfst dus komen er geregeld natte, vieze voetstappen in huis ;) en daardoor dacht ik aan mijn mini kokosmatten en stoffer en blik, die ik afgelopen voorjaar al heb gemaakt voor in mijn miniatuur boerderij.

It’s autumn again, so regularly you’ll find wet, dirty steps in your house ;) and thereby I thought of my miniature coir matting and dust pan and brush, which I already made in last spring and which will both go into my miniature farm.


Het begon met het vinden van een geschikt stukje katoenen keperband in een fourniturenwinkel, maar thuis gekomen bleek er een flinke dosis nylon in verwerkt, wat jammer. Maar….hierdoor ben ik wel gaan experimenteren en dàt vind ik nu zo leuk aan het maken van mini’s :D!

It started with looking for a piece of cotton, twill tape in a haberdashery shop, but coming back home it seemed that there was a big dose of nylon incorporated, what a pity. BUT…..it was therefore that I started experimenting and THAT is something I love  so much in making miniatures :D!



Zoals je ziet op bovenstaande foto’s had de band een lichte ecru kleur en geen “kokos” kleur, dus heb ik het band beschilderd met bruine acrylverf in de gewenste kleur.
Het band had de neiging tot rafelen dus heb ik de uiteinden met een aansteker voorzichtig verhit, waardoor het smolt. En dat smelten bracht mij weer op een ander idee…..

As you can see on the above pictures the tape had a light cream color and not my bewished “coconut” color, so I painted the tape, using a more suitable brown color of acrylic paint.
The tape had the tendency to fray, so I carefully heated both ends with a lighter, making it melt. And it was this melting that brought me to an other idea ...


….ik kon een gebogen kokosmat maken, zo eentje die buiten over de heg of een hek werd gehangen, klaar om uit te kloppen met de mattenklopper ;).

….I could make a bended coir mat, one which was hanged outdoors over an hedge, or a fence, ready for beating with a carpet beater ;).




En omdat het band nogal stug nylon bezat, kon ik ook een kokosmat maken met gaten erin, versleten van het voeten vegen J.

And because of the rather stiff nylon in the band I could also make a coir matting with holes in it, one which was very much worn out of wiping many feet J.











Om even iets op te kunnen vegen wordt/werd vaak een stoffer en blik gebruikt, ook in de jaren ’50 op de boerderij. Ik heb het blik gemaakt van papier en de stoffer van een restje hout en een cocktailprikker voor het handvat, de haren komen van een oud verfpenseel met zachte haren.
Het was erg veel schuurwerk en haast niet vast te houden, maar het is me gelukt: inclusief gratis manicure ;O!

For sweeping up something you often use(d) a pan and brush, also in the 50s on the farm. I’ve made a dustpan out of paper and the brush is made of a leftover of wood and a cocktail stick for the handle, the hairs come of an old, soft haired painting brush.
It was a lot of sanding work and I nearly couldn’t hold it between my fingers, but I made it till the end: free manicure included ;O!





Het blik is gemaakt van stevig grijs tekenpapier, dat na het maken beschilderd is met zilverkleurige acrylverf en wat donkerbruine zachte pastel voor roestvlekken. De haren van de borstel zijn expres scheef geplakt en onregelmatig afgeknipt om een versleten indruk te geven.

The dust pan is made out of sturdy grey drawing paper, it’s painted with silver colored acrylic paint and I used a bit of dark brown soft pastel for creating rusty stains. The hairs of the brush are deliberatedly, irregular cut off in an oblique angle, for giving it a worn out impression.


Zo, opgeruimd staat netjes ;O!
Bedankt voor jullie fijne reacties, fijne week, en voor wie het viert: Happy Halloween!

So, now all is neat and tidy ;O!
Thank you for your nice comments, have a nice week, and for who’s celebrating: Happy Halloween!

Ilona

19 opmerkingen:

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

Todos estos pequeños detalles harán que tu granja sea fiel reflejo de esos años y un recuerdo muy entrañable de la granja de tus abuelos. La esterilla desgastada me encanta. Feliz semana,besos:-)

Sheila zei

I love how it looks! I'll have to try a brush like that.

PILAR6373 zei

Con fiel reflejo de la realidad,tu granja dispone ahora de todos los objetos necesarios para no meter el barro y la suciedad dentro de la casa.
Me gusta mucho cómo te han quedado Ilona,como siempre,un gran trabajo!
Besos.

Mieke Miniatuur zei

Wat een leuk setje heb je gemaakt. Ik vind het kanp zoals je het oud gemaakt hebt, ziet er levensecht uit!

miniacollection zei

The coir mat is great and it was a very good idea to make aworn one with holes. The pan and brush are fantastic too.
Geneviève

Marijke zei

O geweldig wat een pracht van een borstel helemaal superdeluxe!
fijne dag,
groetjes van Marijke

Huibrecht zei

Hallo Ilona, mooie nieuwe miniaturen! Ik geloof onmiddellijk dat het schuren van die kleine borstel tot een manicure heeft geleid. Gelukkig groeit als weet aan. :-)

Drora's minimundo zei

Your worn coir mat and brush are perfect for a farm. Melting the edges is a great idea for stopping drayage. You are always inventive and inspiring.
Hugs, Drora

elizabeth s zei

you are A MASTER, Ilona!! I LOVE your worn out doormat AND I think that your well-used brush and dustpan are Sensational!!!! :D

Isabel Ruiz zei

Has hecho un trabajo estupendo con el cepillo y el recogedor.

rosethe-minima zei

Des ustensiles indispensables que tu as parfaitement réussis Ilona !
Joyeux Halloween !
Bises.

Alexandra Martinez zei

I need a whole set in real size!! But maybe a new looking one? there´s a lot of cleaning to do at my house 1:1 lol. Wonderful job Ilona, you realism always amazes me.

BiWuBär zei

Ilona at her best - not forgetting any detail and enabling Grandma to keep her house clean. What a lovely idea to bend one of the mats… and what am I supposed to say about the holes - a brilliant detail.

Happy Halloween!

Hugs
Birgit

Daydreamer zei

Dear Ilona, I am late to comment again! (I have been a bit busy chasing little mini people around...!) As usual, I just Love the detail you put into all your creations! But I think I love the Best the ones that are about your Farm from Childhood! You have such Great memories! I have a dustpan and broom very similar to that you have made... it is my constant clean-up tool! (No vacuum around mini projects! LOL!) And the realism of the bent bristles and the worn spots on the mat is just so So Perfect!!! It is great to see you making minis "just for fun" again!!! :):):)

Remco zei

Mijn complimenten op je stoffer en blik, erg gaaf!
De kokosmat natuurlijk ook, maar dat gepriegel van die stoffer, prachtig.
Ik ga ook eens kijken of ik zoiets kan fabriceren, lijkt me leuk.

Ga zo door!!!

Greetz Remco

Xandra Dekker zei

Wat een prachtig werk heb je weer geleverd

Megan Schetsche zei

Dear Ilona, I love the dustpan, brush, and floormat! They look so realistic - I can only imagine that you spend a lot of time observing the little details in real life items.
I think I feel inspired right now to make a brush too, but first I have to clear the resin items I've been working on off my table. It will be nice to work with something that makes dust instead of a sticky mess for a change :P


Maria Ireland zei

I love your dustpan and brush and the mat is amazing. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial. You are a wonderful inspiration.
Hugs Maria

Fabiola zei

Everything is perfect. Thanks for the tutorial.