my e-mailaddress





maandag 24 december 2018

Kerstdecoratie, gemaakt van 'stro' / Christmas decoration, made of 'straw'


Tijdens de vorige miniaturenshow in Arnhem kreeg ik de vraag/uitdaging of ik in miniatuur misschien ook kerstdecoratie kon maken…..tja, dáár vraag je me iets. De vraag heeft mijn brein nogal bezig gehouden totdat ik het ging proberen. Na heel wat gepriegel met echt stro, kwam ik tot de ontdekking dat het met dit kwetsbare materiaal echt niet ging, wat nu? Ik vond in een bakje nog wat sisalvezel en dat heb ik nog iets fijner gesneden en toen gebeurde er een ‘wondertje’: er landden kerstengeltjes op mijn werktafel ;)!

During the last miniatures show in Arnhem I got the question/challenge if I could make Christmas decoration of straw….well, that was quite a question. The question kept my brains quite busy until I tried to make it. After alot of fiddling with real straw, I discovered that it wasn’t possible to do with this vulnerable material, what to do next? In a box I found some sisal fiber and I cut it up even more fine and then there happened a little ‘miracle’: there landed Christmas angels on my work table ;)!


De kleinste engel met een halo meet 12 mm,
The smallest angel with a halo measures 12 mm,


de volgende meet 16 mm en
the next one is 16 mm and


de grootste engel met een kroon meet 18 mm in hoogte.
the tallest angel with a crown measures 18 mm in height. 


Deze ster meet ongeveer 11 mm
This star measures about 11 mm

De gouden ster (zie de eerste foto) voor in de top van de boom is gemaakt van 0,2 mm dik goudkleurig metaaldraad.
The golden star (see the photo at the top) for in the top of the tree is made of 0,2 mm thick gold colored wire.




Samen met de kerstversiering, die ik vorig jaar al had gemaakt…
Ik wens ik iedereen: Vrolijk Kerstmis!

Together with the Christmas decoration, I'd made last year…
I wish everyone: Merry Christmas!

Ilona

19 opmerkingen:

Tatiana zei

Замечательные елочные игрушки! Все меньше, меньше, меньше :) :)
Счастливого Рождества, дорогая Илона!
Обнимаю
Татьяна

claude zei

beautiful Christmas decorations, Ilona. I also tried unsuccessfully the real straw, too brittle! Very good idea that sisal.
Vrolijk Kerstfeest
bisous

PILAR6373 zei

Que bonitas las decoraciones navideñas! yo también descubrí que la paja es muy frágil,pero la rafia o el sisal no lo son.
Te han quedado muy bonitas!!!!
Feliz Navidad!
Besos.

Véronique zei

Wat een mooie engeltjes! Prachtig gemaakt.
Fijne kerstavond!

Daydreamer zei

Dear Ilona, you are Brilliant! I can't imagine trying to make those! They look so "real" that I would not know they are mini except for that "giant" coin you use! LOL!!!
I wish you and all your loved ones a very Merry Christmas!!! :):):)

Drora's minimundo zei

Beautiful "straw" decorations. Amazing delicate work!
Merry Christmas to you and yours dear Ilona!
Hugs,
Drora

Sheila zei

Beautiful! Merry Christmas!

rosethe-minima zei

De vraies merveilles tes décorations Ilona*
Que ce Noël t'apporte la sérénité et la joie en famille !
Bises. Joce

miniacollection zei

Merry Christmas to you too!!! Amazing decrations!!!
Geneviève

Joc zei

C'est une bonne idée d'utiliser le sisal, le résultat est très fin, tes décorations sont réussies et ça me donne bien envie d'essayer,
but where do you found some sisal ?

Kathy S. zei

Merry Christmas! Those are lovely decorations!

Isabel Ruiz zei

Felices Fiestas!!!

Anna zei

Merry Christmas Ilona.
Like everything else you make, your straw decorations are simply divine. I have some real life ones - but imagining how to make some THAT tiny and that pretty is beyond me.
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful and inspiring creations.
Anna x

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

Muy bonitos LLona,buen día .Besos:-)

Fabiola zei

Your Christmas decorations are amzing.
I hope your Christmas has been beautiful.

elizabeth s zei

Your miniature "straw" Christmas ornaments look Scandinavian Ilona, and are Lovely!
I would say that you have met and Mastered the challenge of working in straw 100%! :D

elizabeth

Anoniem zei

Merry Christmas!

BiWuBär zei

These don't stop to be awesome after Christmas - I hope your Christmas was still a wonderful one although it was of course a sad one. Wonderful work - and I'm glad this customer came up with this special challenge. I can not imagine how you've made all those knots… I would end up muttering "blblblblblblblllll" Stunning!

Hugs
Birgit

Megan Schetsche zei

That was a real challenge, and you found the perfect solution. The ornaments are lovely!