my e-mailaddress





vrijdag 31 januari 2014

Het wandelde door mijn hoofd… / It was walking through my head…


Een paar maanden geleden vertelde een vriendin me dat ze geen miniatuur raamhorren kon vinden en om ze zelf te kunnen maken, daar had ze geen gereedschap en/of tijd voor.

A few months ago a friend of mine told me that she couldn’t find miniature window screens and that she also did not have the right equipment and/or the time for making these screens by herself.


In die tijd had ik net e-mail contact met Arjen van www.odhqualityproducts.nl over mijn blogfoto, die bij hun artikel in 1 zu 12 was geplaatst (zie een paar blogposten terug in januari). Ik heb hem die vraag doorgespeeld en hij heeft toen, als proef, een paar raamhorren gelaserd. 
Ik kreeg die twee raamschermen, als prototype, van hem :D!

In that time I just had e-mail contact with Arjen from www.odhqualityproducts.nl  about my blog picture for their article in 1 zu 12 (see a few blog posts back in January). So I've passed on to him this question and he lasered, as a test, these beautiful window screens.
I got two screens, as a prototype, from him :D!

Tegenwoordig zijn deze raamhorren erg geliefd bij mensen, die de landelijke en/of de shabby chic stijl mooi vinden. Op het internet heb ik twee raamhorren van rond 1900 in Nederland gevonden, zie de links hieronder.

Nowadays these window screens are quite favorite for people, who love the rural and/or the shabby chic style. On the internet I found two window screens of about the year 1900 in The Netherlands, here are the links.

Maar wat wandelde er dan door mijn hoofd? Nou, in die raamhorren hoort oorspronkelijk een soort wit ‘kantwerk’: je borduurt met wit garen op doorzichtige witte stof (tule). Maar de 1:1 tule was te grof, dat was geen optie. Nu had ik dus die horren wel, maar hoe maak ik dat soort van ‘kantwerk’ in miniatuur daar dan in? Dát was de vraag, die door mijn hoofd wandelde….


But what was walking through my mind? Well, in those window screens has to be a kind of white ‘lace work’: you have to embroider it with white thread on a transparent white piece of fabric (tulle). But the 1:1 tulle was too coarse, that was not an option. So now I got those window screens, but how did I make that special type of ‘lacework’ in miniature in the frame? Thát was the question, which walked through my head… 



Zoiets moet je net aan mij vragen, want dan druk je op mijn ‘hoe-los-ik-dit-probleem-op’-knopje  ;). Na een nacht slecht geslapen te hebben, dacht ik de oplossing te hebben gevonden. Ik heb hele dunne witte katoen gevonden in mijn lapjesbak en omdat ik hier in Nederland niet aan zijden borduurgaas kan komen, moest ik dat maar gebruiken. Toen nog het borduurgaren: ooit heb ik een klosje echte wit zijden Yli garen gekocht en dat heb ik gebruikt.

You shouldn't ask me such things, because than you push on my 'thinking-of-how-to-solve-this-problem' button ;). After a night of bad sleep, I thought I’d got a solution. I found a piece of very thin white cotton in my storage box with fabrics and because I can’t get a piece of silk gauze for embroidery work in The Netherlands, I had to use this cotton. Then I still needed embroidery thread: I’d ever bought a spool of white silk Yli-yarn and I’ve used this now.


Met een loeplamp heb ik de hommel volgens het patroontje en mijn initialen uit de vrije hand geborduurd.  
Er zitten ongeveer 22 kruissteekjes op een cm van deze katoenen stof. Het patroontje van de hommel had ik nog ergens liggen, ik heb geen idee waar ik het vandaan heb. Hier is het, misschien kun je het gebruiken!

Under a lamp with a magnifier I've embroidered the bumblebee according the pattern and my initials out freehand. There are about 22 cross stitches on 1 cm of this cotton fabric. The pattern of this bumblebee was somewhere lying around, I have not the slightest idea where I've found it. Here it is, maybe you can use it!


Met name het afhechten moet heel netjes gedaan worden, want beide kanten van het werk zijn te zien, als de raamhor voor het raam staat. 

In particular tie off should be done very neat for both sides of the embroidery, because both side of the work can be seen, if the screen stands before the window. 


Nu moest ik het borduurwerk nog in de hor zien te krijgen. De hor bestaat uit een buiten- en een binnenraam. Ik heb hiervoor het volgende uitgedacht: het borduurwerk heb ik zo strak mogelijk op de voorkant van het binnenste raam geplakt met Mod-Podge voor stof. Hierna laat je het heel goed drogen, daarna de overtollige stof wegknippen met een scherp schaartje, tot op ongeveer 2 mm van de buitenrand van het binnenste raam.

Now I had to put the embroidery work into the window screen. The screen consist from two parts: a inner frame and a outer frame. I invented the following method: I have glued the embroidery work as tight as possible on the front side of the inner window with Mod-Podge for fabric. After the glueing you leave it to dry very well, than you cut away the excess of the fabric with a sharp scissor, you have to cut the excess to about 2 mm of the outer edge of the inner window. 


Ik vond het wat lastig om te doen, want de stof die ik gebruikte was nogal los geweven. Uiteindelijk heb ik het borduurwerk via de achterkant van het buitenraam erin gedrukt! Dat was best eng voor mij om door te drukken, want de hor lijkt zo fragiel, maar volgens Arjen kon de hor wel een duwtje hebben! Dat was wel fijn om te weten voor mij ;)!

It was a bit tricky to do for me, because of the fabric that I used (it was loosely woven). Finally I have pressed the embroidery work via the rear side into the outer window! It was rather scary for me to do so, because the window screen seems so fragile, but according Arjen this window screen can have a bit of push! For me it was good to know this ;)!

De zon scheen heel eventjes.... / The sun was shining just for a moment.....

Arjen, hartelijk dank voor het mogen ‘uitproberen’ van deze prachtige raamhorren :D! Ik heb mijn vriendin er eentje aangeboden, maar ze wilde dat ik ze beide horren hield na alle moeite die ik gedaan had, dat vind ik erg lief van haar! Ze komen op een mooi plaatsje te staan in mijn grachtenhuis én in mijn (nog te bouwen) boerderij!

Thank you so much, Arjen, for the ‘try out’ of these gorgeous window screens :D! I offered one of these window screens to my friend, but she insisted that I had to keep both screens for myself after all my efforts, it is so sweet of her! They will be placed on a beautiful place in my canal house and in my (still to build) farm!

Ik heb deze blogpost van tevoren geschreven, omdat in deze dagen mijn zoon verhuist naar een studentenhuis. Daardoor zal ik maar af en toe in de blogwereld zijn in deze dagen! 
Lunchpauze is over nu....;)!
Ik wens jullie een fijn weekend!

I wrote this blogpost beforehand, because in these days my son is moving into a student house. Therefore I won’t be often in the blogworld in these days! 
Lunch is over now....;)!
I wish you all a nice weekend!

Ilona

48 opmerkingen:

Giac zei

Hallo Ilona,
Ik denk eerlijk gezegd je kunt achterhalen iets! Het ziet er absoluut mooi. Het scherm is geweldig (ik hou van de vorm) en uw handwerken is fantastisch. Gewoon mooi. Uitstekende werk.
Dikke knuffel,
giac

Véronique zei

Hallo Ilona, wat heb je een stukje Nederlands erfgoed weer prachtig vertaald in miniatuur. Ik ken ze goed die raamhorren. Hier in het dorp zie je ze nog bij de authentieke oude huizen. Dat je er dan van wakker ligt :-). Prachtige oplossing en uitstekend borduurwerk. Zoals gewoonlijk sta ik versteld en vol bewondering te kijken...
Liefs,
Véronique

Pepper zei

I've never heard of a window screen before. Very pretty =0)

Ilona zei

Hi Pepper! In earlier times, these window screens were used to ward off flies, if the windows were open for getting some fresh air. I don't know if these screens are known, or were used abroad...
Hugs, Ilona

Nono zei

Hello Ilona! Ik kende helemaal niet raamhorren!!! Nooit van gehoord...
Maat het schijnt heel mooi in miniatuur!!!
En wat een prachtig borduurwerk heb jij gemaakt!!! Een grote proficiaat!
Groetjes
Noëlle

claude zei

magnifiques écrans de fenêtres ! il se passe de jolies choses dans votre tête

Tatiana zei

Привет Илона!
Иногда узнаешь очень интересные вещи! Я никогда не видела подобные экраны! Это очень красиво! Вы сделали прекрасную вышивку. Ваш экран смотрится очень, очень красиво! Я в восторге от вашего рукоделия!
Объятья
Татьяна

BLANCHE zei

Ma come sono belli, Ilona!!! :-)
Mi piacciono tantissimo, veramente tanto! Sei molto molto brava, complimenti ancora una volta! :-)

*Mieke*Petitevictorianrose*and*PastTimeChildhood zei

Lieve Ilona, het is ongelooflijk mooi geworden, het ziet er ook werkelijk heel fragiel uit.
Je hebt echt weer een kunststukje volbracht :)
Succes met de verhuizing !

Lieve groetjes Mieke

afairytalecometruewyrna zei

As always, when I visit your blog, I expanded my horizons. Here is new knowledge and I'm, as always so very impressed. Very beautiful and well thought, work.

Wyrna

The Old Maid zei

I have never heard about window screens, so I 've learnt something new today. :D They are beautiful both in rl and miniature! And your embroidery is so pretty!
Happy moving to your son.:)
Hugs

ANDA zei

Zeer goed gedaan! Gefeliciteerd! Echt een prachtig stuk en mooi breekt het licht!
Veel succes in je studentenleven! Mijn zoon werd in het! :)
omhelzen

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

!Wo Llona ¡es un trabajo increíble, yo lo máximo que he bordado en punto de cruz es 15 puntadas por centímetro.
Te han quedado unas pantallas espectaculares, felicidades:-)

Margriet zei

Jeee, wat mooi weer!!!!!

Drora's minimundo zei

I learned a new thing today. Your window screens are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Happy moving to your son.
Hugs, Drora

Anna zei

you always manage to amaze all of us! :) such delicate work! Wonderful!

Marisa zei

I never knew about such things, Im glad that you taught me about them because they are very pretty.

Plushpussycat zei

Hi Ilona, I'd never heard of a window screen until now. Your work is gorgeous, as always! Beautiful, and a good story too! xo Jennifer

les mains calmes zei

Coucou Ilona,
Une idée lumineuse! Cet écran ira très bien dans ta maison du canal!
Bon déménagement et à bientôt...
Amicalement, Dominique
PS: Traducteur en panne?????

Hairy Caveman zei

Hi Ilona! I have to admit i didn't know what a window screen was! Nice needlework, I know how difficult it can be to finish off the design and not leave trailing thread which would be seen straight away!
Don't stay away from us for too long!
Kind regards, Brian.

Unknown zei

Als mede-miniknutselaar volg ik je blog altijd met veel plezier. Ook nu weer! Mooi resultaat en inspirerend. Ik wil je ook graag doorgeven dat de volgende webwinkel zijde borduurgaas verkoopt: http://onderhuisje.iland.nl/default.asp . Hopelijk heb je iets aan mijn tip! Groetjes, Tanja

Lili56 zei

Très joli, ils seront parfait pour votre maison
Amitiés, Lili

12Create zei

This is so beautiful. It made me want to look on google to see some more as I also had never heard of them. I found this link to one with a lady with a parasol. Thank you for introducing me to another wonderful item that could find its way into a dolls house. http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Antique-Dutch-window-screen/38067648

Isabel Ruiz zei

Nunca había visto esas pantallas, pero son preciosas.

BiWuBär zei

Looks like you've widened some horizons today... I too had never heard of a window screen before - but it's a great idea and very beautiful. How kind of Arjen to give it a try... and you've outdone yourself once more with your stitching. I really love it when your pushing that special "I want to and I will"-button... ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

The grandmommy zei

I have never seen window screens before. Not only are lovely idea but these are even more exquisite!

Daydreamer zei

Oh, Ilona! Your screen is Magnificent!!! I have never seen these screens before... so I did not at first understand what they were for... but now I see it is a Gorgeous piece of lace work on display in the window.... to give a tiny bit of privacy! And your version in mini is sheer Genius!!! Now I know for Certain... there is Nothing you can't make in mini!!!
It is SO Beautiful!!!

Unknown zei

Your windows screens are simply stunning!! I've heard and seen window screen before your post. I had a Swedish friend in school and in her house they had window screens. My grandmother in Italy also used those years and years ago. As always, well done Ilona. Your work is superb! Big hugs!

carmen zei

que trabajo tan original!

Alexandra zei

Wow, jij heb geluk met je contact.
Ik heb ook al vaak mijn gedachtes laten gaan over raamhorren en hoe die te realiseren.
Ik kwam ooit kartonnen versies tegen, maar dat lijkt me niets.

Ze zijn heel mooi geworden en schitterend geborduurd.Zulke mooie heb ik nog niet gezien.

Ze zullen prachtig staan in je grachtenpand voor de ramen.

Lieve groeten, Alexandra.

Xandra Dekker zei

Je horren zijn prachtig geworden Ilona. Ik ben benieuwd of ze aan de collectie toegevoegd gaan worden nu hij kan zien wat het eindresultaat is.

Groetjes Xandra

Kleine Vingers zei

prachtig

Piikko zei

Hi Ilona! Your window screen is beautiful! It is a challenge to get the both sides neat. But you done it! Though..I did not doubt it. I also didn't know what a window screen was before I saw them in dollshouses. In Finland we have been living in a forest. Probably trees have been shades of our windows. :D
Lovely weekend to you Ilona and
good luck to your student! ♥
Mine just left home last night after her season holiday. At the moment she is waiting a flight to Scotland in Paris. Oh my..our little ones! ♥ :)
Hugs, piikko

Eliana zei

Amazing job, Ilona!

Isabel zei

Que trabajo tan bonito y tan perfecto has hecho Ilona, no conocía estas pantallas pero son muy originales y vistosas, te felicito, me ha encantado!!
Besitos y feliz fin de semana
Isabel

Cinderella Moments zei

That's some intricate and tiny work! I love the embroidery and the frames. It's so romantic and beautiful!
hugs♥,
Caroline

Helma zei

Prachtig borduurwerk , Ilona en mooi die horren!

Groetjes Helma

Idskesminis zei

Mijn Oma zei altijd dat die schermen waren om bloemen en planten in de vensterbank tegen de felle zon te beschermen. Dat was in de stad, dus dat zal het verschil wel verklaren.

Het staat vast heel beeldig in het grachtenhuis! Ongelofelijk toch wat er met laser machines gemaakt kan worden. Ik heb ook grote bewondering voor je borduurwerk! Wit op wit in miniatuur is vast heel moeilijk.

Fabiola zei

I'd never heard of a window screen until now.......
Very beautiful and original piece.
Hug, Faby

Pippibär zei

This is probably really a gap in the market. I've never seen anything like it. Great job... again... of course!
Hugs
Melli

Tessa Liduina zei

Hi Ilona, wat een schitterende raamwerken heb je gekregen. En dan heb je er zelf nog zo'n mooi kantachtig borduursel in gemaakt. Dank ook voor de tips over hoe je het kant in de hor hebt gemonteerd, ik hou het in gedachten!

Kikka N zei

Hi Ilona!
Wonderful work with all the "real-life" details!
I think they used to have those type of screens in Finland also in the old days!
Hugs
Kikka

17-17 zei

That really is a wonderful screens Ilona, it's very pretty work!
Hugs
Magda

Unknown zei

The window screens are fabulous! In my country they aren't popular at all. In fact I haven't seen them in any windows here. What a pity!

Hannah zei

The embroidery work on the screen looks great! Hannah

rosethe-minima zei

la forme de ces écrans est très jolie, le travail d'aiguille est superbe !
Amicalement. rosethé

Sanne zei

Wow, what can I say, gorgeous! Would love these in 1:1 life also!

Sarah zei

Ilona, ik dacht dat je kon spreken goed Engels: DI zal proberen te onthouden nederlands te spreken op je blog: D met google translate, natuurlijk. De schoenendoos pdf is 100% gratis te gebruiken! Alles op er is gratis: D Uw Hendrik is uitstekend, door de manier, zoals je koffer met alle kleine stukjes en beetjes, ik had het gemist. Ik zal op een dag vul mijn koffer ook, een dag die is ver weg: DI love your bee scherm ook, had ik gemist dat ook, ondanks het feit dat hier de andere dag? Ik denk dat ik werd afgeleid, misschien.