my e-mailaddress





vrijdag 13 september 2024

De internationale poppenhuizen-en miniaturenbeurs in Houten en meer… / The international dollshouse fair in Houten and more…


Dank jullie wel voor het warme welkom terug in de blogwereld, en dat jullie de moeite hebben genomen om hier een berichtje achter te laten!! Het heeft mij enorm goed gedaan. 

Thank you for the warm welcome back to the blog world, and for taking the time to leave me a message here!! It did me tremendously good.

Vorig weekeinde ben ik voor het eerst (na 4 jaar) weer eens op een miniaturenbeurs geweest en dat was de internationale poppenhuizen- en miniaturenbeurs in Houten. Jemig, wat is deze beurs enorm in omvang gegroeid naar zo’n ruim 100 standhouders!
Omdat ik nog steeds gezondheidsproblemen heb (o.a. vermoeidheid en weinig energie, dingen die niet meer overgaan) leek mij dat een goede opstap naar het verkrijgen van nieuwe ideeën en het opdoen van inspiratie. Hmmmm, dat viel een beetje tegen: van de ruim 100 stands heb ik er maar 17 bezocht en toen was het uit met de pret, de stekker ging eruit: geen energie meer en doodmoe, maar………WAT heb ik genoten van alle contacten, oude en nieuwe! Het was heerlijk om weer terug op de beursvloer te zijn, al was het dan als bezoeker. 

Last weekend I visited a miniature fair for the first time (after 4 years) and that was the international dollshouse and miniatures fair in Houten. Wow, this fair has grown enormously in size to more than 100 exhibitors!
Because I still have health problems (including fatigue and low energy, things that never won't go away) it seemed to me a good step towards for getting new ideas and gaining inspiration. Hmmmm, that was a bit disappointing: of the 100 stands I only visited 17 and then the fun was over: no more energy and I was knocked out, but……… HOW much I enjoyed all the catching up in contact, old and new faces! It was wonderful to be back on the fair floor, even if it was as a visitor.

Ik zal mijn aankopen op deze beurs gaandeweg hier op mijn blog laten zien, terwijl ik met het maken, of gebruiken ervan, bezig ben. En ik kan niet wachten om ermee aan de slag te gaan, maar zoals ik in mijn vorige blog heb aangegeven: van mijn artsen en fysiotherapeut moet ik het nog rustig aan doen. Dat is moeilijk: je hoofd wil wel maar het lichaam kan ’t niet ;).
Maar stil gezeten heb ik niet, ik heb aardig wat boeken gelezen. Tijdens mijn ziekzijn en langdurige herstel heb ik voor mijn research met name in de 17e eeuw gezeten en dat heeft mijn gedachten op een fijne manier ergens anders gehouden. Mijn interesse ging uit naar o.a. kleding in de Gouden Eeuw (vooral internet maar ook het boek De Tresoor van Rien Poortvliet)…

I will gradually show my purchases at this fair here on my blog, while I am busy making, or using, them. And I can't wait to get started with them, but as I indicated in my previous blog: my doctors and physiotherapist tell me to take it easy. That is difficult: your head wants to but the body can't ;).
But I haven't been sitting still, I've read quite a few books. During my illness and long recovery I mainly focused my research on the 17th century and that kept my thoughts somewhere else in a good and nice way. My interest went out to Dutch clothing in the Golden Age (17th century), (mostly on the internet but also the book De Tresoor by Rien Poortvliet)…



…maar ook naar onze eetcultuur in ons land, het boek “Smaakpalet van de Lage Landen”. Zie foto boven, dit boek is geschreven door Janny van der Heijden (jaja, de Janny van het tv-programma “Heel Holland Bakt”). Ze heeft als uitgangspunt de beroemde Nederlandse 17e eeuwse schilderijen (met voedsel) uit de Gouden Eeuw genomen, ik vind dit een zeer interessant boek voor ons miniaturisten.

…but also to our Dutch food culture, the book “Smaakpalet van de Lage Landen”. See picture above, this book was written by Janny van der Heijden (from the Dutch TV bakingcontest program "Heel Holland Bakt"). She took as a starting point the famous Dutch paintings (with food) from the Golden Age, I think it is a very interesting book for us (Dutch) miniaturists.

Mijn voornemen is dus om weer te gaan bloggen, maar aangezien ik dus 3 jaar geen enkele miniatuur heb gemaakt vraag ik om jullie geduld wat betreft het zien van nieuw werk.
Ik mag sinds een paar weken langzaamaan starten met kleine, gemakkelijke dingen maken omdat ik nog niet veel in een en dezelfde houding achter de tafel en boven de loeplamp mag zitten.
Dit gezegd hebbende, hierboven een voorproefje, maar wat is dit? Ik ben benieuwd wie het kan raden, tot mijn volgende blogpost! 
Hier is het vrij koud met 14o graden, regenachtig maar volgende week schijnt de zon weer!
Heel fijn weekeinde toegewenst.

So, my intention is to start blogging again, but since I haven't made a single miniature for 3 years, I ask you all for your patience regarding to see new work.
Since a few weeks now, I've been allowed to slowly start making small, easy things, because I'm not allowed to sit long in one and the same position behind the worktable and/or above the magnifying lamp.
Having said this, here above is a sneak-peek of something new in miniature, but what is it?
I'm curious who can guess it, until my next blog post!
It’s cold here in The Netherlands and just about 14oC degrees, rainy but next week the sun will return!
Have a great weekend.

Ilona






5 opmerkingen:

Daydreamer zei

Dear Ilona, you Must listen to your Doctors so your recovery will continue! No set-backs needed! I understand the frustration... you might recall when I broke my arm... and more recently I "over-used" it and pulled a muscle and had to do nothing for weeks and weeks. I am still doing some of my work with my left hand... even though I am right handed! So Please be careful.
As for the Fair... those can be exhausting even for vigorous people. But I am glad you were able to go and find some treasures! As for what that picture shows.... I cannot begin to tell what it could be...? Maybe part of a mask????
Anyway, It is wonderful that you are coming back to minis and blogland! You have been missed!! :):):):)

miniacollection zei

I'm so glad you were able to go a fair, although it must have been rather frustrating not to see everything. However that's a good start. You must be patient even if you have a lot of ideas and would like to make miniatures. We will be patient too to see your new miniatures, take your time because the priority is your health.

BiWuBär zei

You can't except to make a quick start from zero to hundred in just one fair... visiting 17 tables at that fair sounds like a great success to me! ;O) And it's good that you're full of ideas and inspiration... plus some treasures from that fair. I enjoyed the makeover of this typical classical paintings exhibition showing for example fries and a burger. Regarding this awesome, funny picture I got an idea how interesting this book must be. And who knows... perhaps a few recipes your legendary Grandma would like to cook for Little-Loon.

And I'm always amazed about the variety of the work of Rien Poortvliet... I hope this gave you loads of inspiration.

Hugs
Birgit

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

Que forma tan estupenda de reencontrarte con las miniaturas que una feria. Seguro que disfrutaste un montón y compraste bellas miniaturas. Tómatelo con calma ,se muy obediente, de todas formas el cuerpo es muy sabio y sabe dar las señales para no pasarse.
Veo que te has documentado un montón , así que tendrás un montón de ideas y viendo la foto que nos has puesto mi imaginación está a cero, no tengo ni idea; pero estaré paciente cual será.
buen fin de semana

Huibrecht zei

Dear Ilona. I have met you in Houten and it made my day. There must be so many lomg time friends and acquantances walking around in Houten that I find 17 stands not that bad.

True, I onle had 4 hours there but I really only properly visited 12 stands. The rest I scanned while walking past. And I've competely skipped a quarter of the show floor entirely. So, in short you have not done bad at all, even if you planned on doing more.

And then your project, I cannot think of anything. I look forward to see what your project is. But take your time!

Huibrecht.