my e-mailaddress





donderdag 7 juli 2016

Een beetje luieren / A bit lazing around


De afgelopen weken heb ik een beetje geluierd, zoals deze dromerige koe na haar grasmaaltijd. Trouwens heb ik al eens verteld dat ik gék ben op roodbontjes (Holsteiner koeien) ;)??

The past weeks I was a bit lazing around, just like this dreamy cow after her meal of grass. By the way, have I ever told you that I’m very fond of this red cows (Holsteiners) ;)?? 

De laatste tijd ben ik niet veel aanwezig geweest in de blogwereld, want eind juni kreeg ik een bezoekster uit Zuid-Afrika, Elga, http://elgakoster.blogspot.nl/ Al een poosje wilde Elga mij graag eens persoonlijk ontmoeten, dus toen ze op terugreis naar huis een paar dagen in Amsterdam verbleef, kwam ze voor een dagje naar mij toe. We hebben een gezellige dag samen doorgebracht, hebben elkaars miniatuurwerk bekeken en de dag was al een eind om voordat we er erg in hadden.
Elga maakt het mooiste borduurwerk én gedetailleerde meubilair in miniatuur wat ik ooit gezien heb. Ik, persoonlijk, vind dat de foto’s op haar blog en Facebook lang niet alle verfijnde details laten zien van haar prachtige exclusieve miniaturen.
Elga, het was erg leuk en gezellig om je hier in mijn huis te mogen ontvangen, nogmaals bedankt voor je bezoek :D!!

Lately I haven’t been much in the blog world, because at the end of June I got a visitor from South-Africa, Elga, her blog: http://elgakoster.blogspot.nl/ 
Since a while Elga wanted to see/meet me in person, so when she was on her journey back home (from Castine in the USA) she stayed a few days in Amsterdam and she came to me for a day visit. We spent a lovely day together, admired each others miniature works and the day was over before we knew it. Her delicate, very fine embroideries and her detailed furniture is the most beautiful I’ve ever seen in miniature. Personally, I think the pictures on her blog and Facebook doesn’t do justice to her exclusive and detailed miniatures, if you see them in real life.
Elga, it was so nice and lovely to receive you as my guest here in my house, thank you so much for your visit :D!!


Mijn sneeuwbeertje, genaamd Schepje, was heel eventjes terug 'thuis' ;D!
My snow bearie, named Schepje, was back 'home' for just one day ;D!

Amper 10 dagen na Elga’s bezoek ging ik zelf op reis 'naar het buitenland’, naar Duitsland en wel naar Birgit, dit is haar blog: http://biwubaer.blogspot.nl/ !
Een poosje terug hadden mijn kinderen een weekendje Hamburg ingepland en toen dat ter sprake kwam, vroegen ze of ik mee wilde om Birgit eens te ontmoeten. Nou, dáár zei ik natuurlijk geen nee tegen, dus heb ik Birgit gevraagd of ze het leuk zou vinden, als mijn sneeuwbeertje (zie mijn vorige blogpost) en ik eens bij haar op bezoek kwamen voor een dag. Birgit was meteen enthousiast en zo is het gekomen dat we de alom bekende ‘Kaffeeklatsch’ hebben gehad bij Birgit ;)! 
Nogmaals bedankt, Mama Silke, voor het bakken van de overheerlijkste aardbeientaart!

Barely 10 days after Elga’s visit I was ‘travelling abroad’, to Germany and I went to Birgit, this is her blog: http://biwubaer.blogspot.nl/ !
A while ago, my children had planned a weekend visit to Hamburg and when they were talking about it with me, they asked me if I would like to come along with them, maybe for meeting Birgit in person. Well, of course I didn’t say ‘no’, so I asked Birgit if she also liked this idea. She did, so it happened that my snowbearie, named Schepje (see my latest blog post) and I came for a day visit and being her visitor I also got her famous ‘Kaffeeklatsch’ ;)! 
Thanks again to Mom Silke, for baking the most delicious strawberry cake!


Kijk eens naar dat héérlijke stuk marsepein! En dit was zeer attent van Birgit: ik kreeg nieuwe minivazen voor de show in oktober.....

Look at that delicious piece of marzipan! And this was very thoughtful of Birgit: I got new mini vases for the show in October.....


....maar déze niet, hoor ;)!
....but not these ones ;)!

Afgelopen zaterdag hebben Birgit en ik samen dus een heerlijke dag gehad, we hebben een tocht per auto door de prachtige omgeving van Sleeswijk-Holstein gemaakt. Birgit is een leuke, warmhartige vrouw, het was erg fijn om haar eens te ontmoeten. Maar beiden hadden we wat moeite met het omschakelen van onze eigen taal in gedachten naar woorden, maar nadat we onze taalkundige prestaties eens goed hadden afgestoft hebben we heel wat afgekletst. 
Ook heb ik Birgit’s fantastische miniatuur projecten mogen bewonderen. Ik ben al een paar jaar volger van haar blog en ik vind vooral haar humor en optimisme erg leuk. Ze schrijft leuke blogs, voornamelijk over haar prachtige beertjes, die ze zelf maakt.
Het leek mij leuk om Birgit met een paar miniaturen verwennen, maar Birgit had hetzelfde bedacht en van haar kreeg ik werkelijk prachtige kadootjes. Moet je toch eens kijken, zó lief van haar, ze heeft me heel erg verwend!!

Last Saturday Birgit and I had a lovely day, we went for a car drive through the beautiful region of Schleswig-Holstein. Birgit is a very kind, warm hearted woman, it was so nice to meet her in person. But we both had a bit of starting problems, for changing our own language from thoughts into words, but after we had wiped away the dust of our linguistic performance, we've chatted a lot. 
And I’ve also admired the great miniature projects of Birgit. Since years I’m a follower of her blog, I especially like her humor and optimism. She writes funny blogs, especially about her beautiful bearies, which are made by herself.
I thought it would be nice to spoil Birgit a bit with a few miniatures, but Birgit had the same idea and from her I got some beautfiul gifts. Take a look, this is so sweet of her, she has spoiled me rotten!!


Wat Birgit niet wist was dat ik vorige week voor mijn vertrek nog een paar rode rozen had gemaakt. Nu heb ik er een paar bij gemaakt en raad eens: ze passen perfect in één van de prachtige vaasjes van Birgit :D. 
(De rozen zijn niet mooi geschikt in de vaas, omdat ik ze niet op lengte wilde afknippen voor de nieuwe eigenaar van de rozen)
Lieve Birgit, nogmaals heel erg bedankt voor alles, ik heb het heel erg leuk gevonden om jou eens in persoon te kunnen ontmoeten!

What Birgit didn’t know was that last week before my departure to Birgit I already made a few red rose. Now I made a few more and guess what: they fit perfectly in one of the beautiful vases which I got from Birgit :D. 
(The roses are not beautifully arranged in the vase, because I didn't want to cut them off in length for their new owner)
Dearest Birgit, thanks again for everything, I spent a lovely day with you and it was very nice to meet you in person!


Nu de zomervakantie is begonnen denk ik erover om eens flink aan het werk te gaan voor de volgende miniaturen show in oktober, want met al dat geluier wordt het niet wat ;)! Ik ga dus mijn blog even op een laag pitje zetten, maar als ik iets leuks heb om te laten zien, zal ik dat zeker doen ;). Helaas zal ik me niet bezig houden met reacties achterlaten, want dat vraagt te veel  van mijn toch al schaarse tijd, ik hoop op jullie begrip hiervoor.
Allen een hele fijne zomervakantie gewenst, voor wie, net als ik, thuis blijft: fijne zomer!!

Now here, in The Netherlands, the summer vacation has started, I think it’s time to go to work for the next miniatures show in October, because it's clear that lazing around won’t make any miniatures for me ;)! I will be out of the blog world for awhile, but if I have something to show to you, I'll do, that’s for sure ;). Unfortunately I can’t leave comments on your blogs, because it will ask too much of my scarce free time, I really hope you’ll understand.
Wishing you all a nice summer vacation, for those, who stay at home, just like me: happy summer!!

Ilona

17 opmerkingen:

elizabeth s zei

Greetings Ilona! Yesterday I was visiting Birgit's blog and saw a familiar face sitting around the table enjoying a Strawberry Tea and I thought "Wait a minute, whose blog am I on?", because there was your Schepje! I knew that if he was there, then you could be too far behind! ;P
How nice for you and Birgit to get together to visit and the gifts- hers to you and you to her, are all Beautiful!!!
What a fun hobby this is where strangers can meet up and become friends in person as well as on line. God bless us all! :D
Have fun being lazy while you can Ilona, because the summer will be over before you know it!

elizabeth

Isabel Ruiz zei

¡Qué bien Ilona! Es estupendo poder conocer en persona a todos aquellos que admiramos en el blog. Me alegro que hayas disfrutados de ello.
Feliz verano. Aunque no salgas de tu ciudad, también hay muchas formas de disfrutar de esta época del año.

Daydreamer zei

Dear Ilona, I will miss your blog posts while you are on "vacation" at home! But I will know you are busy making fantastic and beautiful minis for all the lucky people who go to the Fair! It was so wonderful to read that you and Schepje visited with Birgit and the BiWuBeareys!! What fun that must have been! And also to have a visit with Elga! I have looked at her miniatures on her blog with Amazement and know she is having a great time at Castine! I hope you enjoy a little bit of "lazy days" in your summer too!

Elga zei

I had lots of fun visiting with you Ilona, it was great to finally meet you in person. I would love to come again one day when I fly through Europe, I enjoy having so many friends all over the world! :-) And how nice that you could spend time with Birgit too!

Giac zei

Hallo Ilona,
Hoe mooi dat je te ontmoeten 2 geweldig en vriendelijk kunstenaars. Het moet zo leuk geweest! Geniet van de rest van de zomer.
Grote knuffel
Giac

Drora's minimundo zei

What a small world ours is and how wonderful that online friends can meet in person. Like Elizabeth, I too, was confused looking at the first photo.
Lovely gifts exchanged. Enjoy all.
I'll miss your posts while you prepare for the show but I know we'll get to see and enjoy your creations. Good luck and happy creating days.
Hugs, Drora

The Old Maid zei

Happy summer to you, Ilona!
It must have been a lot of fun to meet the ladies we all know from blogger. :D I am sure you all enjoyed the time together and it was a great idea to take Shepje with you!
Have fun creating new miniatures for the fair!
Hugs

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

Que maravilla conocer a Elga y a Birgit, compartir las experiencias de nuestro mundo mini.
Sus rosas preciosas,que pases un feliz verano,besos:-)

BiWuBär zei

Hopefully your summer break is only because of preparing for the fair... and not because I made you walk for miles and miles through Kiel and Plön... *LOL* It's somehow unbelievable that only one week ago we've been together - I will always treasure these 1 1/2 days! Fluby, Rosey and Bowler were having an It-was-soooooo-good-to-see-Schepje-again-Kaffeeklatsch today... although I suspect this to be one half happiness about meeting Schepje again and one half just for having an excuse and a reason to simply enjoy a Kaffeeklatsch. I don't need to tell you that these furry guys are smart when it comes to things like these - sometimes I wonder where they got this from... *coughcough* I'm wishing to you a wonderful summer and good progress on creating many, many miracle pieces for the next fair and I'm really looking forward to see you back to blogland!

Hugs
Birgit

Nono zei

Geniet van je zomer, Ilona! Ik ben gisteren terug van Canada en leest jouw laatste text. Leuk, de bezoek van Birgit! Mooie vazen en bloemen!

miniacollection zei

It's always so nice to meet fellow miniaturists from all over the world. Have a great summer!
Geneviève

Fabiola zei

It's nice to meet online miniaturists. Beautiful gifts.
Happy summer!

Tessa Liduina zei

Wat leuk dat je twee mede-bloggers hebt kunnen ontmoeten. Ik kan me voorstellen dat je het druk hebt en niet al teveel kunt posten en reageren; hetzelfde geld voor mij :-(
Succes met de werkzaamheden voor de show in oktober. Je zult vast weer met prachtige miniaturen te vinden zijn.

Cinderella Moments zei

You're having tons of fun! I love all the minis! The cows are beautiful too!
hugs♥,
Caroline

17-17 zei

Fantastic flowers and all minis, I love them!
Happy Summer Ilona!
Magda

ANNA zei

https://anna-historias.blogspot.com.es.
Quedria enviarte mi blog para que lo mires haved que te parece gracias

Hannah zei

How wonderful to have meet two mini-friends! I'm so happy for you! I'm still on a blog-break here, but I suddenly missed reading your blog, so here in the middle of the night I had to stop by =) Wishing you a nice and creative autumn =)
(saw some cows in another post, LOVE them! and your flowers are beautiful as always!!)
Hugs Hannah