my e-mailaddress





dinsdag 18 maart 2014

Warm ingepakt / Warmly wrapped up

Nu we weer de normale temperaturen voor maart terug hebben, ben ik lekker weer binnenshuis en begonnen met miniaturen maken. Ik had nog een opdracht liggen om witte tulpen te maken voor iemand, dus ben ik daarmee begonnen. Miniatuur bloemen maken was al eventjes geleden!

We now have back our normal temperatures for the month of March, so I am back inside and I started again with making miniatures. For a customer there still was a commission for making white tulips, so I started with that. Making miniature flowers was quite a while ago!


Het hele weekend ben ik ermee bezig geweest, ik had weer zin in bloemen maken :D! Vorige week had ik een bos tulpen van mijn dochter gekregen, mooi rood van kleur met een geel randje aan de bloemblaadjes. Eén tulp had haar blaadjes op tafel laten vallen, die ik heb laten drogen. Zo had ik voor de eerste witte mini tulpjes een lekker warm en fleurig rood dekentje tegen de kou buiten ;)!

I’ve worked at these tulips the whole weekend, again I enjoyed for making flowers :D! Last week I got a bunch of tulips from my daughter, their color was red with a small yellow edge at the petals. One of the tulips dropped her petals on the table, these petals I've let dry. So for my first miniature tulips I got this way a nicely warm and gaily red blanket against the cold outside ;)!


Bloemen werden vroeger op een plantentafeltje gezet, dus heb ik laatst bij www.odhqualityproducts.nl een plantentafeltje gekocht. Je kunt op de link klikken, als je wilt, om op hun website het onbewerkte plantentafeltje te zien.

In earlier times flowers stood on tables for plants, so, recently I purchased a plant table at www.odhqualityproducts.nl  You can click on the link, if you wish, to see the (unprocessed) plant table on their website.

Vlekken van water geven / Spots of watering

ODH (Onder de Hooiberg)maakt mooie graveringen in hun miniatuur meubels. Desalniettemin vind ik het altijd fijn om een eigen gezicht aan mijn miniaturen te geven. 
Ik heb het hele tafeltje met Mod Podge bewerkt om het MDF af te sluiten voor vocht. Toen heb ik met een plastic pasje witte acrylverf in de gravures op de tafelbladen gesmeerd, de overtollige verf er heel snel weer afgeveegd met een vochtige doek. Daarna heb ik ze gepatineerd met donkerbruine acryl patina, mijn vingertop zo vlak mogelijk houdend om te voorkomen dat er verf in de graveringen kwam. De pootjes heb ik eerst met lichter bruine acrylverf geschilderd en daarna bewerkt met donkerbruine acryl patina, waardoor het net op hout lijkt.

ODH (Onder de Hooiberg) makes nice engravings in their miniature furniture. Nevertheless I always like to give miniatures my own look. 
I have worked with Mod Podge on the whole plant table to seal the MDF for moisture. After that I smeared white acrylic paint with a plastic card in the engravings on the table tops and with a damp cloth I very quickly removed the excess of the paint. Than I have patinated them with brown acrylic patina, holding my fingertip as flat as possible, to avoid for putting paint in the engravings. The table legs are firstly painted with a lighter brown acrylic paint and after the paint was dry, I've added darkbrown acrylic patina, whereby it look like it is wood. 


Meubels zijn gebruiksvoorwerpen en als het meubel eruit moet zien alsof het zo’n 100 jaar oud is, moet het er ook zo uit zien.......aan de onderkant ook :D!

Furnishings are utensils and if a piece of furniture has to look like it is about 100 of years old, I think it also has to look like that........also at the bottom side :D!


Hier zien we dames/tulpen in voorbereiding voor de catwalk, de lengte varieert van 3 tot bijna 5 cm, dit is vanwege de grootte en de ruimte voor de vaas in het poppenhuis van mijn klant.

Here you can see the ladies/tulips in preparation for the catwalk. Their length varies of 3 until nearly 5 cm, this is because of the size and the space of the vase in the dollhouse of my customer.



Vanmorgen heb ik ze vers geplukt in mijn tuin en ze liggen nu klaar om de vaas ermee te vullen.

 This morning I have cut them in my garden and now they are ready to get into the vase.



Zo, nu praten we niet meer, want het wordt de hoogste tijd om de tulpen in het water te zetten, anders hoeft het al niet meer ;)!

Well, now we stop talking, because it is the highest time to put the tulips into water, otherwise I don't need to do it anymore ;)!

De leverancier van het rode dekentje ;) / The supplier of the red blanket ;)

Tenslotte wil ik jullie nog iets vragen: hebben jullie ook het probleem dat je je niet aan kunt  melden als nieuwe volger op een ander blog? Mij lukt het al meer dan een week niet, hoe komt dat toch?
Om die reden wacht ik nog even met het bekend maken van de sluitingsdatum van mijn giveaway, om op die manier iedereen een kans te geven om mee te kunnen doen. Ik hoop op jullie begrip hiervoor….
 Allemaal een fijne week toegewenst!

Finally I want you to ask something: do you also have problems with signing up as a new follower on someone else's blog? Since about a week I can’t sign up myself as a new follower, how come?
For that reason I’ll wait for a while to announce a date for closing my giveaway, this way I hope to give everyone a chance to participate. I hope for your understanding….
I wish you all a nice week!

Ilona

42 opmerkingen:

Unknown zei

Love your tulips, they are so beautiful! And you also did a great job with the table. Thanks for the link.
Mona

17-17 zei

Ilona, your tulips are gorgeous, and the table looks like real (i really love this pattern on top). You're right, I recently also had problems when I wanted add to followers at my new favourite blogs, I don't know why...maybe I have them to much? ;-) have a nice weekend!
Magda

Kikka N zei

Ilona: your Tulips are just like the real ones, they are gorgeous!
Yes, I am having the problem with trying to join to be a follower in all the blogs, I think I noticed it about a week ago. That is a big "headache"! Hope somebody will fix it soon!
Hugs
Kikka

The Old Maid zei

I just love this photo with the tulips in the basket! Beautiful!
Also what you did to this stand is so pretty.:)
Hugs

Nono zei

Jouw tulpen zijn zo mooi en realist, Ilona! Jouw klant zal dolgelukkig worden!
En het tafeltje is prachtig, met de gravuurwerk!
Wat een mooi resultaat!

Pepper zei

The tulips are gorgeous IIona. Your customer will be very pleased.
Yes, blogger is aware that there is a problem. No one can follow new sites until it is fixed =0(

Marja zei

Hallo Ilona, dit had ik laatst ook maar heb t zo geprobeerd, en dan lukt t wel(bij mij tenminste)., klik op neem deel aan deze site en dan niet op dit blog volgen maar ernaast op meer opties.
Klikken en dan onderaan staat volgen naast minder opties en dan kom je er wel. Hoe t werkt weet ik niet maar t werkt en je volg dat blog, en daar gaat t om! Groetjes Mar

Marja zei

Sorry, vergeet ik nog te zeggen dat t je weer is gelukt, gewoon "echte"tulpen, geweldig. Groetjes nogmaals Mar

BiWuBär zei

Incredible as always... someone who would be just looking at the last two pictures of the white tulips would never suspect looking at a miniature. Your customer will be over the moon... - About your question... I have the same problem, too. And not only this one - I get error signs whenever I do a click in my dashboard and I'm not able to set a link in my sidebar for giveaways anymore... let's hope that blogger will fix this soon.

Hugs
Birgit

Mini Addictions zei

Ilona, your tulips are perfection. I would guess they were real. The table is incredible with the details right down to the water stains.
I too have been having issues with Blogger. It seems since Google + came along & I have a profile there it does not recognize my blogger profile. I hope this is fixed soon as well.
Hugs,
Lisa

Unknown zei

Dear Ilona, I adore your tulips! So realistic! My compliments! The table is also very beautiful!
Hugs
Anna

Daydreamer zei

Hi Ilona! Your tulips are Perfection!!! And the table is very beautiful! I want to learn to make flowers as well as you... or even Half as well as you! LOL!!!
As for adding followers to blogs.... I only have difficulty with google plus... which I don't like and don't want to join in circles! I like plain old blogs! I was not aware that others are having trouble... I hope it gets fixed soon!

Plushpussycat zei

Hi Ilona, I was having trouble too, and then I found a solution. Try to follow and you get the page with the error message. Click "Other options" and now on the second page, you can follow. Try it and tell me what you think!

Your tulips and table are both gorgeous. I'm so glad you're making minis again! xo Jennifer

12Create zei

Ilona those tulips are stunning. I love the picture of them lying in the basket. It is interesting you should mention the error. I have not had any problems following blogs but someone recently commented on one of my blog posts and said they have been unable to join my blog. It makes me wonder if there are others out there that cannot join my blog. I hope it gets sorted soon.

12Create zei

Ilona those tulips are stunning. I love the picture of them lying in the basket. It is interesting you should mention the error. I have not had any problems following blogs but someone recently commented on one of my blog posts and said they have been unable to join my blog. It makes me wonder if there are others out there that cannot join my blog. I hope it gets sorted soon.

les mains calmes zei

Vive le printemps!

mcddiss zei

una mesa preciosa, y esos tulipanes son fantasticos

besitos

Mari

carmen zei

preciosa la mesa y hermosísimos los tulipanes ...

Lili56 zei

Magnifiques tulipes et très jolie table
Amitiés, Lili

Fabiola zei

I love real tulips. Yours are fabulous in the vase on the beautiful table.

Hairy Caveman zei

Hi Ilona! Your tulips are miniature perfection! They look so delicate and the colors are stunning! True masterpieces!
You've done a beautiful job on the flower table too, so intricate and detailed, it's amazing! A real pleasure to see.
Sorry I can't help on the followers problem, mine seems to work fine.
Kind regards, Brian.

Anoniem zei

Lovely tulips, Ilona! The table looks perfectly aged and "well-loved" :-)

Julie

Isabel Ruiz zei

Has hecho un buen trabajo con la mesa y los tulipanes me encantan

Marisa zei

I love your Tulips and your 100 year old flower stand and I think google is down for a while..it sucks

Hugs
Marisa

Angelsdoor * Penny zei

Dear Ilona,
What you do with your talented hands is amazing.. I love the tulips.

Thank you so much for your visit and kind words.. It is always a joy to see you have come by.
blessings,
Penny

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

¡Wooo espectaculares¡, la presentación exquisita, besos:-)

afairytalecometruewyrna zei

I love your tulips. They are so very beautiful. It's great work you've done with the flower stand.
Hugs
Wyrna

Maria Ireland zei

Your white tulips are stunning. They are so perfect.You are sooo talented. Beautiful table.
Hugs Maria

ANDA zei

Ilona is the solution to the problem:
Join in this side 
Follow this blog and More options (ENTER) Follow

The tulips are wonderful! What made ​​yourself? I love the white tulip. In other words, all of them, but the white is my favorite!
kiss
Congratulations to the gift.

Cinderella Moments zei

OMG! Those tulips are gorgeous! They look very delicate and beautiful. Like a bride's dress. You do amazing work, always!
hugs♥,
Caroline

Pippibär zei

My son brought me a big bunch of tulips last week too. There wher yellow and red and yellew with red... it was a bunch of 35 flowers and it was such a pleasure to have this piece of spring in my house.
Your tulips are wonderful and the flower table... yes... of course a masterpiece! Fantastic job!
Hugs
Melli

Minis-B-Happenin' zei

You did a splendid job on your tulips! I do love tulips and I like them best when they start drooping in all directions.

rosethe-minima zei

Superbes tulipes ! Le petit guéridon est très beau et le vase aussi !
Aujourd'hui, c'est le printemps, en fait il est là depuis de longs jours, déjà, le soleil et la douceur sont très présents.
24° annoncés ce jour à l'ombre !
Amicalement. rosethé

claude zei

what beautiful spring achievements, tulips presented on the red petal is a good idea
the table is beautifully revamped
beautiful day
friendly

Elga zei

Your tulips are so beautiful, Ilona and I love how you fnished the table and turned a kit into something special!

PILAR6373 zei

Que belleza de tulipanes blancos,son tan reales!!!!!
Y la mesa de poner las plantas es una joya,gracias por el enlace,tiene cosas muy interesantes!1
El ramo de tulipanes bicolor que te ha regalado tu hija es espectacular!!!!!
Besos.

SaMiRa73 zei

Hello Ilona! Your white tulips are adorable! I love how you made them in different stages with leaves wide open and more closed ones. And that they are so translucent (eh, no idea if this is the right word?) like the real flower petals. And thanks for sharing how you finished the flower table! I´m having the same blogger problems :-( Happy weekend!

Marisa Minilys-Miniatures zei

Tulips are spectacular and seem so real great job with the patinas on the table. I like the old look. Thank you very much for your message. a hug, Marisa

Unknown zei

Ilona, the tulips are FABULOUS. The petals are really thin and each a little different. And you displayed them so beautifully. Enchanting! And I love the table :)

Drora's minimundo zei

Gorgeous tulips! So fine and delicate. The table after your treatment is fabulous. Thank you for sharing and explaining.
Hugs, Drora

Tessa Liduina zei

Hai Ilona,
Wat een schitterende bos tulpen heb je gemaakt! Echt knap zeg! Daar moet je echt wel heel geduldig aan gewerkt hebben, om tot zo'n mooi en realistisch resultaat te komen. En wat je met het tafeltje hebt gedaan is ook inspirerend om te zien; goed idee om de gravering te "high lighten" met witte acryl.
xxx

Joc zei

Beautiful tulips