my e-mailaddress





maandag 10 maart 2014

Bij toeval / By accident



Dank jullie wel voor jullie reacties op mijn vorige blogpost, maar ondanks dat zat de echte oplossing voor het 'voegprobleem' er niet bij, wat ik erg jammer vond. Ruim 350 tegeltjes gesneden van gekleurd papier wat geplakt was op een kartonnen doos van muesli en wat nu te doen…..?

Thank you all for your comments on my previous blog post, but despite of that, the real solution wasn't added for the 'problem with the grout', it was such a pity. I cut more than 350 tiles of colored paper, which was glued on a cardboard box of muesli and what to do now……?


Mijn bedoeling was om de tegels te voegen met een voegpasta, dat ik ooit had gekocht bij een hobbyzaak. Maar omdat ik dat plastic potje eerst niet kon vinden, heb ik maar eens een grote speurtocht in mijn kamer gehouden. Ik vond van alles terug, maar niet dit bakje.......

My intention was for grouting the floor tiles with the compact grout powder, which I ever bought in a hobby shop. But because I firstly couldn’t find this powder, I have held a big search in my workroom. I found back a lot of stuff, but not this small plastic tray………





...totdat ik een verkleurde pot vond. Het was een pot acryl pastelgesso, daarmee kun je je eigen papier bewerken voor het gebruik van zacht pastelkrijt, die ik helemaal vergeten was. Ik heb dat spul ooit gekocht in een winkel voor kunstschildersbenodigdheden en ik heb het al jaren in huis, het was nog steeds in goede conditie.

…until I found this discolored jar. It was a jar with acrylic gesso for making your own drawing paper with grit for soft pastels, which I was completely forgotten. I have bought this stuff in a shop for artists' supplies and I have it since years, but it was still in good condition.


Dus eerst heb ik alle tegels ingesmeerd met Mod Podge (lijm en afsluiter/sealer in een) om de papieren tegels tegen het water in het voegsel te beschermen.

 So first I added Mod Podge (glue and sealer in one) on the tiles for protecting the paper tiles against the grout, which contains moisture.


Daarna heb ik ze op de houten vloer geplakt en ze twee keer gelakt met hoogglans vernis van het merk Darwi. Rechts van de vloer zie je de oefenstukjes met plamuurpasta, dat vond ik te grof.

After that I glued the tiles on the wooden floor and I painted them twice with a glossy varnish of the brand Darwi. At the right of the floor you see samples of tiles stuck with filler, I think it was too coarse.


 Hier heb ik een klein stukje vloer gevoegd met die pastelgesso en kijk eens: dát was de bedoeling :D!

Here I added some pastelgesso on a small piece of the flor rand look at it: that was the intention :D!


Elke keer een paar tegeltjes en dan het overtollige voorzichtig wegvegen met een vochtig doekje. Nóg een stukje gedaan……
Each time a couple of tiles and then carefully wipe off the excess with a damp cloth. Another piece done yet……


Voor de rest van de vloer heb ik maar een mannetje ingehuurd, naar mijn mening had ik al genoeg gedaan ;)!

For the rest of the floor I had hired a mason, my opinion was that I had done enough already ;)!


Tegen schafttijd kreeg hij een kop koffie van mijn dienstmeid, terwijl zij nog een emmer schoon water voor hem vulde voor het schoonmaken van de volgende tegels. Ik denk dat ze een beetje op hem valt, want ze verdween weer naar de keuken……

Against lunch hour he got a cup of coffee of my maid, while she was filling another bucket of clean water for cleaning the next tiles. I think she likes him, because she disappeared again to the kitchen…..


…….en ze kwam terug met een stuk witbrood, wat een grote luxe was in die tijd, meer dan 100 jaar geleden ;)!

…..and she came back with a piece of white bread, which was a great luxury in that time of more than 100 years ago ;)!


Dit is een close up van de gevoegde vloer, sorry voorde wazige foto, het was ietsje te close up :D!

This is a close up of the floor after adding the pastel gesso, sorry for the blurry photo, as it was a bit too close up :D!


En de hele vloer met tegels! / And the whole floor with tiles!

Nou, het is een heel verhaal, maar mijn tegelvloertje is mooi gevoegd én uiteindelijk heb ik het potje (foto 3) teruggevonden :D!!

Well, it is quite a story, but I nicely added grout to my floor tiles AND finally I found back the plastic tray (photo 3) :D!!

Er zijn mensen, die vragen of mijn grachtenhuis een bouwpakket is, nee, het is geen bouwpakket. Ik zal jullie meer vertellen over de bouw in toekomstige blogberichten. De buitenkant is bijna klaar (eigenlijk heb ik er in14 jaar niet veel meer aan kunnen doen) en de binnenkant moet nog helemaal gedaan worden. Dus ben ik begonnen met de provisiekamer in het souterrain.

There are people, who asked me if my canal house is made of a kit, but no, it is certainly not a kit. I will tell you more about the build in other blog posts in the future. The exterior of my canal house is nearly finished (actually it is in the same condition after 14 years) and the complete interior has still to be done. So I started with the pantry.

Warm welkom aan mijn nieuwe volgers en jullie allen bedankt voor jullie fijne reacties :D!
A warm welcome to my new followers and I thank you all for your nice comments :D!

Ilona

44 opmerkingen:

Helma zei

Je vloertje ziet er prachtig uit....goed idee zeg!

Lieve groetjes Helma

Anna zei

That looks like a lot...but very sucessfull work!:) Good that you had helpers! :) :)

Susan@minicrochetmad zei

Oh wow! Your tiles are fantastic!! I'm glad you found some help, it looks like a lot of work ;))

SusK zei

Love the tile colors and your terrific sense of humor :-)

Susan

The grandmommy zei

Your floor was a success! Thanks for the tutorial!

afairytalecometruewyrna zei

There are so many techniques and so many opportunities. Once I thought making miniature was about "not having too many thumbs" but it is very much about daring to try new things, be aware of the exciting techniques and opportunities.
Your floor has been so nice and great for you, that you have such good helpers.
The image of the man on the floor, I just had to look twice, it's so lifelike.
Thanks for showing
Hugs
Wyrna

Pepper zei

Yay, the floor looks great. The tiles actually look ceramic. Looking forward to more posts on the Canal house =0)

Kleine Vingers zei

Mooi geworden dat voeg werk. Ik heb al een paar keer met goedkope tandpasta gevoegd, dat is fijner dan echt voegmateriaal. Groetjes

The Old Maid zei

Great work with the floor Ilona! (I was keeping my fingers firmly crossed, by the way!;)) Guess we all haveto find our own way to make something right.:)
Hugs

12Create zei

The floor looks great. I use gesso a lot in my miniatures both for sealing things and for creating textures mixed with other things. I love the colours of the tiles.

Tessa Liduina zei

Hoi Ilona, wat is je tegelvloer prachtig geworden. Mooi ook dat je het gekleurde papier nog zelf hebt bijgeschilderd, dat maakt het heel realistisch.
Nou zo zie je maar; wie wat bewaart heeft wat (en vindt wat terug, hihi).
Liefs, Liduina

17-17 zei

Ilona, your floor looks like real, but I am not surprised, because miniature people did it :-)

Kikka N zei

Your floor looks absolutely perfect! It is sure to be worth of the whole processing and work! Happy you got help from mini people :)
Congrats!
Hugs
Kikka

claude zei

un magnifique carrelage et merci pour les explications
heureusement que vous avez eu de l'aide :-)
beau soleil

Elga zei

Your floor looks great Ilona! Love the colours.

Marisa zei

I love the tile colors and the grout that the "Mason" put down, just between you and me I think the Maid is a bit naughty..I'd keep an eye on her if I were you :)

Hugs
Marisa

Idskesminis zei

Dat is heel mooi geworden en met geweldige kleuren! Ik vraag me af of dit ook werkt met de terracotta tegeltjes die ik in de keuken heb gelegd in 1992. Daar is nu de voeg gewoon verpulverd en alles ligt los. Ik ga het zeker uitproberen. Mijn dank voor de uitleg!

Eemaiva zei

The floor looks very nice and I like the colors of the tiles! Great work! Hugs Eeva

Hairy Caveman zei

You have made a gorgeous floor! All that hard work and repetitiveness has really paid off! I love the colors of the tiles and your grout is absolutely perfect!
Kind regards, Brian.

Roelie zei

Hoi Ilona, wat is dat weer een leuk project. Je vloer ziet er prachtig uit.
Ik heb je vorige post gemist maar ik gebruik altijd A.lbastine muurvuller om te voegen. Je kan het zo dik/ dun maken als je zelf wilt en het voegt prima. Misschien een goed alternatief als je gesso voorraad leeg raakt.
Groetjes, Roeie

Plushpussycat zei

After all of that trouble, Ilona, you have a beautiful result! I hope the workman notices your maid, now that she's given him the bread. ;-) xo Jennifer

BiWuBär zei

Great to see you've hired an employee for the exhausting work that is not friendly to the knees and the back... *LOL* Wonderful, wonderful job... so much work but definetly worth the effort and the time. Nobody not knowing this post would ever guess it's cardboard! I hope your mason was invited to a good cup of tea after having finished his work... ;O)

Hugs
Birgit (who is also glad that I'm not alone... searching for a special item and not finding it until the job is done but instead of this finding things you didn't know anymore you were keeping them... that could have been me... *teehee*)

Fabiola zei

This is a beautiful result. I really like your floor. The tiles are perfect.

Maria Ireland zei

Your floor is fantastic. I love the colours. Great fun pictures of your helpers :)))
Hugs Maria

Chris zei

Wat een mooie vloer! Je manier van voegen ga ik onthouden.

Unknown zei

Un bellissimo pavimento hai realizzato, mi piace molto!
Un abbraccio.Manu

Isabel Ruiz zei

Un estupendo trabajo.

Pippibär zei

I am sure your diligent craftsmen was very motivated for this work with a pretty lady behind who admired and spoils him (that´s the way all mans like to work *teehee*)
Great job! It look unbelievable realistic, not like carton! But on your blog I was expecting nothing else...
Hugs
Melli

Unknown zei

It turned out wonderful, I do love the grout lines and the color is rich and very antique looking.

They look like ceramic to me, wonderfully done!

rosethe-minima zei

le résultat est superbe !
Amicalement. rosethé

Paula zei

Dat is een prachtige vloer geworden!!
Wat een werk en wat een geduld.
En.... nog grote-mannen-woorden gebruikt toen je het voegsel niet kon vinden? ha ha ha ha

Groeten van Paula

Lili56 zei

Très joli travail et belles couleurs
Amitiés, Lili

Marijke zei

Wat een mooie vloer en geweldige uitleg!
groetjes van Marijke

Margriet zei

De vloer ziet er prachtig uit!!! Het was vast geen toeval dat je dat voegspul niet kon vinden :-)

ANDA zei

The grout became beautiful! Soon be ready for the scene? I am looking forward!
The maid flirting with the stonemasons?! In addition, white bread!! Schandaal!!! :))
hugs

Catherine zei

? It 's a mystery ... I never come to read your pages. I always find that I have three of your blog posts late. I had not seen the manufacture of tiles. the colors chosen are perfect for your home. your shades give depth to the color of the tile as in the old tiles. I am delighted to find more photos of the exterior of your home. yes after 14 years, it is time to finish this one. haha! I'm not as slow as I thought: D

Daydreamer zei

Hi Ilona! Your "grout" turned out to be even better than the regular grout! I think the finer texture is even more realistic! And I would Never have thought to use gesso! You are just Brilliant!
The color of the tiles on your floor is just Beautiful! I can't wait to see what you will put into this pantry! And I also am glad to see that you hired a good workman to finish the job for you! I think it is always a good idea to employ those with expertise! :)

Nono zei

je tegelvloer is prachtig geworden, Ilona! Dank U voor de uitleg. De kleur is heel mooi. Af en toe heb ik ook tandpasta gebruiken om te voegen...

carmen zei

has hecho muy bien contratando ayuda, enlechar es un trabajo pesado...!

Cinderella Moments zei

That's a lot of work! But you did it. And it looks so incredible. I can't wait to see this room all done.
hugs♥,
Caroline

Drora's minimundo zei

The floor is perfect. Looks like real ceramic. Romantic hints about the helpers sure make the story intriguing.
Hugs, Drora

Angelsdoor * Penny zei

How did I miss this! it is truly AMAZING dear friend.
blessings,
Penny

Andrea Thieck zei

This looks great!
So many good ideas came by "accident". And sometimes things can't be found, because we can have better solutions:)))
Warm regards
Andrea

elizabeth s zei

What a Terrific floor Ilona! It has the look of age but it doesn't look old. Again I am floored by your vast and varied skills!

elizabeth